• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it snows in the south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KJoYD6Mnk
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Was...was he "calling" someone on a universal TV remote??? O_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

probably using it as a prop. It's not uncommon.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Having lived my entire life south of the Mason-Dixon Line, can confirm this is true of a regrettably large part of the population.

Related, a sprite-comic I made YEARS ago about snow and people's reaction to it-- (character is a representation of my then-girlfriend from Boston/Maine)
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hey Jay here in Cheeseheadland Central and lands to YUPPER that is a VERY accurate description of our winters.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I tend to like Bill Engvall's take...

(paraphrasing): "In Texas, the weather is pretty much this: In the Spring it's nice, and rains a little. The Fall is beautiful, the Winter is cold, and the summer is hot and humid. Write it down."

and:

"Oh, Lord, don't let it snow in Texas! Shut the state down!"

"Up to an inch of snow is headed for your area! We urge you to go to the store! Steal food! Hoard Gas! If you're elderly, you will not make it through this storm! Yes, enough snow for a footprint is headed for your area!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPb8m95XvVA
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              "Up to an inch of snow is headed for your area! We urge you to go to the store! Steal food! Hoard Gas! If you're elderly, you will not make it through this storm! Yes, enough snow for a footprint is headed for your area!"
              Sooo, London, England then? (the truly sad part is I'm not lying. A centimeter of snow effectively shut the city down one year.)
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Sooo, London, England then? (the truly sad part is I'm not lying. A centimeter of snow effectively shut the city down one year.)
                It was the wrong kind of snow...

Seriously, some of the snow we get here in the UK is wet and slushy and gets everywhere it shouldn't and freezes things that shouldn't freeze (like water pipes and railway tracks/points) and because we are woefully under-equipped with snow ploughs and gritting lorries our transport system grinds to a halt...

And because its wet and slushy snow it is not that good for snowballs or snowmen...

Comment

Working...
                X