X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    I have subtitles off. ;p

I too have a Sab in Rift. Though just as one spec.

With Skyrim, I'm Thief magin'. Specifically Conjuration Thief, because it amuses me to sneak into a room, backstab one guy then immediately raise his corpse to tank the rest for me. Also, when you extend the summoning range with one of the perks, you can stealth summon and toss an atronach into a room without anyone in the room realising who did it. Letting you backstab while they're....occupied.

My summons are weakening now by level 21 however, it seems like there's a bad gap in the power curve of Conjuration. Flame and Frost Atronachs become laughable to enemies long before you reach the perk to strengthen them at 80 Conjuration, but the more powerful summons are far beyond me magicka wise. It is somewhat disappointing that the summon spells themselves have a power curve and don't just grow in effectiveness with the skill. Flame was too powerful to start with and is too weak now.

You can both dual wield and poison Bound Sword though. >.>

Still trying to decide on whether to commit perks to DW or Sword/Shield. DW is great for backstabby, but Shield is great for not choking on my own blood on the floor.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      I have subtitles off. ;p
      Also replaces the UI font too. Hell, with a little edit of a text file, you could have it replace all the fonts in the game.

If i do sneaky sneaky, I'm usually a poison bow kind of person, or i just go sword and shield, but now I'm roleplaying a Orc Battle Blacksmith (Quarrior, in reference to an old tv show) heavy plate and 2 handed warhamer, god it is fun since i get execution.instakills often.
      Last edited by RayvenQ; 11-16-2011, 11:36 PM.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

What's the best we way to kill a dragon? I killed the first one no problem, because I had a bunch of other guys to help. This one I'm all alone.
        DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
        Nicholas Angel: Like who?
        DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
        Nicholas Angel: Who else?
        DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead View Post
          What's the best we way to kill a dragon? I killed the first one no problem, because I had a bunch of other guys to help. This one I'm all alone.
          Get a companion. Use the one they give you at the end. Lydia, I think. Keep moving and use your Voice.
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
            Get a companion. Use the one they give you at the end. Lydia, I think. Keep moving and use your Voice.

I think she died :/ I ran away from a frost troll and she stayed behind to fight it, I'm assuming she was troll food. I'm level 7 now, so I thought that might help me a bit.
            DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
            Nicholas Angel: Like who?
            DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
            Nicholas Angel: Who else?
            DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

You can drop the early dragons with Unrelenting Force ( FUS RO DAH~ ). When they touch down, hit them with it then burst them till they shrug it off then back off unless you can tank a bit. Otherwise, tackle them from a range with a bow or spells and just avoid them when they land. Find something to duck behind to get away from the breath or just sprint away.

You can hire companions at most inns and taverns too. There's usually one person per tavern up for hire. Or you can thrown down a cheap summon like a Flame Atronach to give the dragon something to do.

Really, dragons are the least threatening enemy in the game so far. The most threatening is bears. Fuck bears, man. >.>

Comment

This was at the top of my BF's X-mess list this year, but apparently he couldn't wait and bought it himself today. All my friends are playing it (I'm not because I'm a lame old-school gamer whose playing Pilotwings 64 currently ) and they love it. So this means BF will be in zombie mode for a few weeks as he always is when he gets a new toy.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  Really, dragons are the least threatening enemy in the game so far. The most threatening is bears. Fuck bears, man. >.>
                  I beg to differ.

Mammoths.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Sic your horse on em!
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      I beg to differ.

Mammoths.
                      I also beg to differ, Giants

http://youtu.be/Oso_mmhvm-Y

Eddie, what character are you playing? Ranged? Melee? Spell slinger?
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Point taken. However, I've never been able to kill a mammoth yet, but I've downed two giants. :<

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Point taken. However, I've never been able to kill a mammoth yet, but I've downed two giants. :<
                          Use your terrain. I killed off all the bandits in a fort, then lured mamoths back and killed them from the walls. They can't climb, and I'm a fair hand with the bow.

I agree about the giants, though. I got detected by one last night, and the bastard hit me underhand. The body still hadn't hit the ground when the game auto-reloaded to my last save.

Playing a Sniper (Stealth-Bow, with some regen and alchemy) I always do, for some reason. I don't really mind creeping through ruins or mines if it means killing everything before they see me.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The mammoths in my game have apparently figured out how to go through rocks. That's what happened the last time we tangled. It was like HIDE <MAMMOTH> ohgodwhyme.

Still better though, was watching the mammoth fall from the sky. Not sure WHY he did, but I was out exploring and suddenly, MAMMOTH METEOR. Almost squished Lydia, wish he'd been more accurate.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              The mammoths in my game have apparently figured out how to go through rocks. That's what happened the last time we tangled. It was like HIDE <MAMMOTH> ohgodwhyme.

Still better though, was watching the mammoth fall from the sky. Not sure WHY he did, but I was out exploring and suddenly, MAMMOTH METEOR. Almost squished Lydia, wish he'd been more accurate.
                              Yeah, she's getting on my nerves. I've killed her a few times only to reload because she's carrying my heavy stuff!
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I haven't had any giant troubles, but bears, dear lord. When I run away at full sprint and don't actually gain any distance... >.>

I left Lydia at the castle. I'm too sneaky pants to bring anyone with me and I've always found that companions have a habit of unbalancing the game and making it too easy in Bethesda games and/or they require constant babysitting.

If you've lost Lydia, you get get another housecarl, Iona, by becoming a Thane in Riften and buying the house there. Just be warned she's probably a serial killer. She's already in the house. Waiting. Silently. Before you even buy it or unlock it, and the Jarl doesn't even mention her so I'm not sure if she's really a housecarl or just a crazy squatter you walked in on.

Comment

Working...
                                X