This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kanalah View Post
    Edit: forgot to mention that even though we've been married for nearly 10 years, it is still verboten for us to sleep in the same room. :sad:
    Say WHAT? I don't know which is worse, the fact that they impose this rule on you, or the fact that your husband allows them to. The mind boggles. I mean, even most hardcore religious nuts understand and accept the idea of a married couple sleeping in the same bed, or at least the same room. Good LORD! And YOUR family are the alleged "backwards hicks"? Riiiiiiight.....

Quoth Kanalah View Post
    We have to handwash and dry all the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher to wash.
    Say WHAT? Seriously, I know I am a bit of a slob, but DRYING dishes before you put them in the dishwasher to be WASHED? Even my neat freak mother and my neat freak sister would say that that is utterly ridiculous!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I like to get the gunk off my dishes before they go in the dishwasher because our dishwasher is not that great...however, I don't WASH them, I just rinse of scrub off the gunk. Hubby rarely even bothers to do that, and the stepkids didn't either unless I called them on it. I wouldn't survive a day at your MIL's house.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

white....furniture? *brain explodes* just because of the daily scrub down its like why have it since using it will get it dirty. omg...just....grrrr
        many hugs and lots of comfort items

Comment

Well I'm doing to preemptive cleaning before we pack up. Word from hubby is that we're leaving on Wednesday.

I'm on my last sewing project that I packed, which makes me feel good that I did get something done, despite being "on vacation".

And thank you guys so much. You've helped me to keep my sanity. Normally when we visit for so long, I'm hiding in the basement crying my eyes out.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

We love you Kanalah!
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat
              We love you Kanalah!
              Seconding this!
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                Normally when we visit for so long, I'm hiding in the basement crying my eyes out.
                "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." --from Animal House

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." --from Animal House
                  Despite the quote, that's your advice to everyone.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Woohoo! Picking up the van today and leaving at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow.

*happy dance*

Edit: not a moment too soon, MIL is calling me a lazy bitch...if she only knew how hard I work my ass off.
                    Last edited by Kanalah; 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting out of there. Sorry about not meeting up with you.

Turns out Clementine has a sinus infection. She's prone to them. I have to go to Target tomorrow & hunt down an allergy-free/hypoallergenic mattress cover. Sheesh.
                      And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        Woohoo! Picking up the van today and leaving at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow.

*happy dance*

Edit: not a moment too soon, MIL is calling me a lazy bitch...if she only knew how hard I work my ass off.
                        Sounds like time to make hubby refuse to go visit, and they have to come to hicks-ville to visit you. make them sleep in separate rooms, or get their own hotel.

Or just tell hubby to suck it up, you are never going to visit the sanctimonious twit [or other vowel of your choice] ever again and refuse to visit them. I refuse to visit the step-monster in law, myself. I get along just fine with father in law, and birth mother in law, just Cynthia [name changed to protect the twat] is such a stupid bitch and her behavior to me us unconscionable that I positively refuse. I have never been anything other than perfectly polite. Some women just seem to have issues with any other female that is in her space or involved with their children. [and my mom loves my husband, she thinks he is fantastic, my dad when alive got along with him just fine "even though he is in the Navy"]
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yay I am home!

My house is messy (compared to MIL's of course) but it's beautiful and HOME!

Yeah MIL was upset because I was goofing off on the computer for more then a few minutes. I had already packed most of our stuff for the return trip, and the house was clean, children playing quietly, etc.

So I earned that little bit of me time. What upset me the most was that hubby didn't defend me.

But I totally don't care right now because I am HOME!

Comment

Welcome home, Kanalah. I'm sorry your husband didn't stick up for you but hopefully you have more clout in your own house.

Comment

Rofl, yeah I'm the head bitch in my house.

(I'm actually really nice, so don't worry)

Comment

Working...
                              X