X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got:
    A book about David Bowie
    A Rock Trivia book
    Two Grateful Dead CDs (Grateful Dead and Very Best Of)
    Barnes & Noble gift card
    Baileys-filled chocolates
    Last edited by XCashier; 12-25-2011, 05:16 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Gift cards for B&N and Target
      DVD/BluRay player and the HDMI cable to go with it
      Cute Overload page-a-day calendar (which I bought myself and gave to my mom to give me)
      a box of gourmet flavored hot chocolate mixes
      a lavender-scented microwaveable neck wrap shaped like a leopard (very soft and cuddly)
      a massage pillow
      a lemon-scented computer screen cleaner shaped like a bunny
      a pink Snuggie...
      giant candy buttons (those strips of paper with the little drops of colored sugar candy on them; these are about 1/2 inch across)
      um...a bunch of other little stuffs I can't think off the top of my head right now
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Got the rest of my loot from my hubby.

-2 t-shirts (a totoro shirt and a baking cat shirt -- sooooo cute!)
        -a set of 4 ceramic ramekins
        -a pound of dice
        -Minotaurus (a lego game that I've been eyeing up for a while)
        -Might & Magic Heroes VI (when did they change it to "Might and Magic Heroes" instead of "Heroes of Might & Magic"?)
        -a set of chocolate dice! Although they're not ready yet, apparently they are available for pre-order and will be available in March

We also got some stuff from my parents, notably:

-a pasta roller attachment for our Kitchen Aid mixer
        -the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook (which is super awesome)
        -a wall hanging of cats that my mom made
        -a wooden scrollsaw picture of a cat that my dad made

Comment

From friends (so far):
          -Scarf and glove set
          -Candle
          -Kitten calendar
          -Hello Kitty blanket

From parents:
          -Hello Kitty Pez dispenser
          -Godiva chocolate pretzels
          -Razor blades
          -Clothes, clothes, and more clothes (all that I picked out, except for the Hello Kitty knee-high socks my mom found for me)
          -Two pairs of boots (one grey, one black)
          -The Lion King on BluRay/DVD combo pack
          -Two $15 iTunes gift cards

For parents:
          -Blue fuzzy boot slippers (for my mom, since she needed a new pair of slippers)
          -New wallet (for my dad)

And I'd say what I got for my friends, but there's way too much, including some NSFW stuff.

Comment

I got a whopping....nothing....yay me!

the "family gift" from my inlaws*....all stuff for my husband...they didn't even try....

*hubs family draws names for families as none of the "kids" are single and it's easier to get for an entire family, one gift for each person-ours was a bunch of stuff for him, nothing even remotely for me.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

My haul actually came a bit early:

From Mom I got more good stuff on DVD:

The Help (if you haven't seen this one yet, it's good. I rank this right up there w/Fried Green Tomatoes.)

Blue Bloods - Season 1

Bullitt

From my Dad and stepmom, money.

And the main thing I wanted for Christmas (which I got to order first of the month as soon as I came eligible to upgrade my mobile phone):

an iPhone 3GS 8GB and a pink Otter Box defender series case.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I got a decent haul this year:

-- Hat/Scarf/Gloves set
                -- Kermit the Frog PJ's
                -- 'A Christmas Story' and Homer Simpson boxer shorts, of which I'll be sleeping in
                -- Socks to wear around the house
                -- $225
                -- Several pairs of earrings
                -- Kitty mouse pad
                -- Wireless Mouse
                -- More socks to wear around the house
                -- And the best gift of all: a LAPTOP!!!

I burst out crying when I got the laptop, I'm currently using it.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

*hugs* for Katt
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'm sorry Katt; I know how that is. Daughter in law's family got them cleaning supplies.

I got:

A black shirt with peace sign
                    A back massager shaped like a puppy
                    massaging slippers
                    Almond Roca
                    Socks (warm fuzzy utterly comfortable socks)
                    A toaster
                    Brad Paisley CD
                    Zac Brown Band CD

(All of which I bought myself and put on layaway with the rest of the family gifts, cause I'm mom and that's the easiest way to do Christmas)

However, the kids and hubby surprised me. I also received:

A locket from younger son
                    CZ Necklace and Earrings in Sterling Silver from Hubby

and...

From the oldest and daughter in law, they bought me a Kindle! I was so shocked, because they never buy us anything expensive (they can't afford it, it isn't a dis on them) and they spent all of their money on me because they know I love to read. I almost cried...
                    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

I got from coworkers -

A box of Russel Stover Dark Chocolates
                      A $25 Darden gift card
                      Candies and a couple of holiday themed cups

From DaDairyDruid -

Saiyuki Reload, the whole 7 dvd series (way cool since it's out of print and it is the original Geneon discs)
                      Random conversation:
                      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Let's see.

Underwear. Slippers (actually asked for these and got some that fit for a change). Socks. Two backs of chilli crisps. A multi tool that includes a hammer (appeals to the nerd in me). A pack of three towels.

Yes, once again I've been reminded that I'm officially old.

Rapscallion

Comment

From Lizziebeff, I got The Boondock Saints on DVD (I'd seen it on a crappy bootleg copy and enjoyed it so much I wanted the real thing).

From Mommy, I got a Pizza Hut gift card, a neck and shoulder massage pillow, $25 in cash, and two minty lip balm eggs.

From the man of the household, I got a Milwaukee Brewers hoodie.

Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We recieved some chocolate from our neighbor and a gift card from my mommy, but we did not buy each other presents and that was by choice. My neighbors found a month old kitten outside their apartment in November and gave her to us because they knew we were going to adopt. (they actually found her one day before we were sdheduled to adopt from our local shelter, talk about fate!!) Anyways we have had Kasey for one month and ten days and we are taking the money that we would have spent on each other and using that to pay the $300 pet deposit and to start her shots and to be spayed. So we are both happy!!

Comment

We haven't opened gifts yet but here's what I got my sisters:

Sis1: Her first MP3 player. I predict a lot of time spent on the computer digging up her favorite songs on Amazon or iTunes; also socks with a garden gnome print, a towel printed with mermaids (she loves mermaids and collects them), a book called "The Secret Life of Common Birds" (is a total bird-lover and knows all kinds of stuff about them) and Farmer's Almanac Recipe Calendar (she cooks; I eat ). We may also end up at Fashion Bug for the after-Christmas sales.

Sis2: A "writer's workshop" book (all 3 of us write so I may borrow this also knee-high fleece socks and a pair of very pretty, very soft blue floral knee-high socks; NHL earmuffs (Go Sabres!); and really cute vinyl lunchbag (pale green printed with pink/red roses; it's shaped like a paper sack but made of flexible vinyl).

I went a little crazy in the bookshop the other day and picked up Kate Elliott's "Cold Magic" and "Cold Fire" for myself, plus a cute little pocket calendar. But hey...local indie bookshop, so yay!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We (as in I and Mr Zel) expected nothing, since it is agreed within our family that only the children in the family get presents.

However, my FIL had inherited some money he didn't expect, and he chose to share the inheritance with us and Mr Zel's brother's family. Not much, but still enough to pay out the loan we took when we needed to get a new stove.
                                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X