Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

/headdesk. new apartment troubles. already.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /headdesk. new apartment troubles. already.

And we haven't even gone in yet.

There are four of us.
    K and J, two personal friends of mine, and D who is J's best friend from long time ago.

D just came out of service, and is staying with J.

We were all supposed to move into a 3 bedroom apartment. T, a best friend of mine, is supposed to join later and share a room with me. after he comes back from Japan in May
    So J was supposed to share with D, since I could not share with K (her boyfriend comes over a lot, and they both want their privacy. That's fine)
    But J is...a pretty big fella. about 209 cm (Fellow americans, do the conversion)
    So sharing a room in the room suggested, would be pretty difficult.

So I was fretting cause then D started to claim he didn't know the arrangement, that he thought me and K would share a room all the way. I told him this wasn't so twice, but I figured his memory wasn't that great, so I just repeated.

Me and T were supposed to take the master room, with the bathroom included and all of K's stuff (she makes cosplay for money on the side) would go in there, so it was to be an office and such, plus a place for privacy for the girls showering.

J middle room, K smallest room. At D's suggestion, he would take the living room, we go to aekI (well known swedish based store) and we could turn half the living room into a room which bothered NONE of us. (He also suggested the garage, but I cut that off quickly myself)

Well, now I am enjoying my time in good old Japan, I hear from J that D was complaining how he felt he got the short end of the stick.

Now, I understand having to sleep in living room sucks. I really really do. I was on the floor in my early teen years with my mother's house, and i shared a bed with her until i was 12. I know it sucks not having the real own room, a real place for privacy.
    If he said something first, I'd relate much more. But after all of his suggestions of confidence how he was totally fine and doing this was something he preferred, then to turn around and complain...yargh.

I needed the bigger room, but I decided to give it to J and D to share.
    Its annoying cause D may not even be longterm either way, and may take J with him...Its now solved, that situation, but I am really annoyed he made J the messenger and pulled that.

If you have a problem...tell me. But don't complain about the situation you VERY enthusiastically put up!
    (If he complains about sharing a room with J, then I'll throw Ohagi at him.)

So D just backed out. Not taking J, though, thank GOD

But our rent went up 95 dollars per person now, and now the deposit split is much more.

I am afraid I won't have the funds unless I borrow money from father's family or unless I wait. (which I am trying to convince landlord to let us do)

But I'm worried about K and J's funds too. Maybe K can pull it off, but J's hours are cut for a few weeks.

J is okay with D moving out of the agreement, but I am honestly not feeling so gracious. I'm trying to, but...D was making a big deal about the whole sharing room and deposit ordeal it seems and did this to get off easy. (his new coworker opened a spot in her room, rent would be about the same he would have paid, but yay, no deposit to worry about for him)

and I have to wait five months until T can come back too...damnit

Comment

Working...
    X