This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My achy, breaky heart...

I love my husband, truly, I do. I may kill him, however. Or divorce. I suppose divorce is an option and less likely to lead to jail time.

Thursday night, about 6-ish, I was getting a severe burning sensation in my chest. "Hm..." thinks I, "heartburn." We'd had homemade nachos that night and I overate (for me, I mean. Less than a small plateful and I didn't finish it, but for me, it was a lot.)

Pain goes away. Pain comes back. Goes. Comes back. "Screw it," I think. "I'll go to bed." About an hour later, it wakes me up. Okay, I've ridden in this rodeo before--about 10 or 12 years ago. I get dressed, head into the living room and tell Havering-Spouse, "I think I need to go to the ER." We go. Yup. Heart.

After being in the ER from 11pm until about 4am, they stick me in a room. At 11am, doc comes in and it's catheterization time! In 30 minutes! Yay! So we do that thing. I wind up spending another night and get to come home yesterday afternoon. All's well. H-S took me to the ER, brought me home, so wherefore the angst?

He told my brother-in-law. HE TOLD MY BROTHER-IN-LAW!!! Fuuuuu....Now his wife, my sister-in-law, knows. And her sister and that sister's husband. And my mother-in-law. And step-father-in-law, father-in-law and step-mother-in-law. The jungle drums have spread the word far and wide by now.

I looked at H-S and said, "You know, they're all (ALL!) going to call or show up on the doorstep, yes?"

"Yes," sheepishly, "but only because they care."

"You, sir, will be in charge of the phone. *You*, sir, will deal with explaining what happened to each and every member of your family." (Because someone may have missed something and EVERY detail MUST be known!!!) *You* will inform them that all I want is rest. I do not want visits, plants, food, any-bloody-thing-whatsoever EXCEPT to be left alone."

I'm still thinking divorce since I can't drive the stick in his truck to pick up a wood-chipper (and I can't lift anything over 10 pounds). When will I get it through that thick melon of his that my health is not his family's business? Anybody else have an over-sharing spouse?

I have my deepest condolences on your choice of spouse.

Also hope your heart is doing OK.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I have no spouse so ... no similar issues.

You did the right thing in telling HIM to deal with the influx of visitors and calls.

And yeah, divorce is definitely the better option. Depending, of course, on whether orange suits you ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I thought you were a star when you took me to ER
        And sent me to the loving comfort of a nurse
        Then you told the family all that had happened to me
        Don't you see you made it a hundred times worse?

You can sit and recite every detail of my plight
        For the fifty thousandth time with nowt left out.
        They'll be waiting there in line on the family grapevine
        To spread all of the latest gossip all about.

Now they're parading past the bed,with Aunty Wilma at the head
        Who wants to share and compare each symptom with her own,
        And then there's Uncle Stew with his brood of fifty-two,
        Each sending details to their partner on the phone.

So don't tell about my heart my achy breaky heart
        I just don't think you understand
        If you tell about my heart my achy breaky heart
        I might blow up and kill this man...

Cos now you've told Meemaw and the brother-in-law
        And some guy in the Walmart store that you just met.
        Now the room is crammed eight-deep,the telephone won't let me sleep
        From calls to see if anything new's happened yet.

So don't tell about my heart my achy breaky heart
        I just don't think you understand
        If you tell about my heart my achy breaky heart
        I might blow up and kill this man...

So next time that I get ill it would give me quite a thrill
        If you'd do this little favour just for me,
        The ever-growing horde can simply please just be ignored,
        Unless I'm at the pearly gates,shut up and let me be...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          **snipped to protect everyone's sanity (what little they may have left)**
          Well, you probably just gave Havering a setback. Although, it may have saved her husband, as you are now most likely at the top of the list.

Let me make sure this is clear. Your lyrics aren't half bad. Your crime was PUTTING THAT DAMN SONG BACK INTO MY HEAD!

Havering,
          Hope you are better soon.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I literally just sang Kit-Ginevra's post LOLOL!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              I thought you were a star when you took me to ER
              And sent me to the loving comfort of a nurse
              Then you told the family all that had happened to me
              Don't you see you made it a hundred times worse? *snip*
              You, Kit, are an absolute star. That is brilliant! Unfortunately you've infected me with an earworm...
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

Let me make sure this is clear. Your lyrics aren't half bad. Your crime was PUTTING THAT DAMN SONG BACK INTO MY HEAD!

I was about half an hour away from going to bed ... now I have to wait till the earworm is dead ...

Although you did cause me to go listen to Weird Al's version of that song as well, so now it'll be TWICE as long, dammit ...
                Last edited by Pixelated; 07-23-2019, 03:52 AM.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                X