Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's stupid you have to do a price check!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous. If they can't deal with the fact that sometimes price checks are necessary, they should just shop online and stay out of our hair.

Something similar happened to me recently. We're supposed to look up the price on every item that's returned without a receipt or has a detached ticket (under penalty of being written up) as many of the scammers we get like to switch tags.

One woman was returning a pair of $40 shoes and got all butthurt when I told her I needed to do a quick price check. (I could see the price code written on the bottom of the shoe as is the case with all our shoes, but it's possible it was on clearance and she replaced the ticket with one from a full-price item.) She gets all huffy and says, "But the price is right there!" Most of our customers are honest, but if you get mad I'm more inclined to suspect that you are scamming us. Against my better judgement I told her "OK, that'll be fine" and she responds, "Yeah, it IS fine." Stupid move on my part; I did get written up. That's the last time I give in to someone complaining about price checks; tough shit for them.

Comment

Quoth Pixi_kitty View Post
      I left out the part where cashiers are not allowed to remove signs from the floor or change things at all, under penalty of being written up.
      At my store, the customers will do this (rip the sale tags off the shelf in the hope that will prove their case). The part that comes off easily has no mention of the item however...in that case they get to wait as long as someone can drag a price check out. I've started taking pictures of the tags...one old coot claimed that since "I don't see where the sticker says Entenmann's donuts!" that they weren't really $5 and change. Of course a complete product description can't fit in less than an inch.

I really think that anyone who removes the actual product tag from the shelf should be banned. Or at least forced to work under Pricing Guy for a week..he doesn't take kindly to stunts like that.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Where I work customers are so frequently baffled by prices that I just go look unless it's a known problem. Then either I might override if it's a small amount, or call a MOD. Depending on the situation management may or may not approve an override. That's the trouble with our store. It's so messy, the signage messed up so often, and price overrides done so much that there are essentially no rules at all.
        I usually just go look myself as well; I know calling for a price check will most often take longer than if I just go check myself. With that said, I also have a pretty good intuition for what many things are supposed to be priced for. If the customer remembers a price and it seems reasonable to me, then I'll go with it. If it seems fishy or they don't remember at all, I go check unless it's something I know well like a 2lb bag of onions. It always boggles my mind that there are so many people who pick stuff up and have no idea what they're spending.
        Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Working...
        X