This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just GO AWAY!

As promised, I have another story for you. Just like my last one about the domestic terrorist, it's long. As I said, we seem to have some people that are just obsessed with our hotel in that they WILL NOT LEAVE and it's like we have to pry them out with a crowbar.

So this was last year and I don't remember everything. I may have to come back and update it with more info later.

Last year we had this woman check in. She showed up at the door with this man... no not man... boy. He must have been somewhere between 18 and 21 years old (definitely not a child but not a grown man either). He had dread locks and seemed kind of naive to me. He had fairly light black skin. I say all this because this was a very thin white woman who was petting his hair like he was a dog. And he didn't seem to mind at all. I was under the impression that he was a hooker. But hey, we can't do anything about that so long as no one is outright blunt about it like the last crazy man. Oh, and he was only with her about four days, then she brought in a new one with light hair and skin calling him her "young buck".

Did I mention that she outright said that young men have the biggest *cough*. You can guess what I meant by that. She said it in those exact words.

She said to all the women working there at one time or another that she was kicked out of three hotels before us "because she doesn't let a man tell her what to do". So long as she paid her bill, she can be a giant bitch if she wants.

But STOP TOUCHING ME. For gods sakes. She constantly wanted to put her hand on my back or on my arm. Even once reached out to hold my hand and I didn't take it. She did manage to get a hug out of me twice because I always have thought it was rude to refuse that until I finally couldn't take it anymore and would always take a step back when she tried. STOP TOUCHING ME. OMG, I like it when my husband touches me but the most I generally allow from anyone else is a handshake. Unless someone I know has had someone close to them die and then I'll give them a light hug. STOP TOUCHING ME. Soooooo uncomfortable.

Yeah, we found out why the other places kicked her out. She wouldn't leave the desk alone but it was mostly because she wanted to chat. Mostly about how much she hates men.

So finally about a week in, she didn't pay for her night. And she was nowhere to be found. So we locked her out. It was too late for housekeeping again so we left the room as it was. First night of this, we think she snuck in the hotel and slept on the couch in the sitting room but don't have absolute proof of this other than her back walking away down the street. Which could have been anyone. I wanted to remove the stuff from the room but my husband wanted to get ahold of her first so it ended up left there another night.

Come in the second morning and she has definitely slept on the sitting room couch and is whining about how no one understands and she just wants some help (this is one of those times when she hugged me. Grimy, sweaty, disgusting blech. I had to wash down my body after that. Never ever TOUCH ME AGAIN. So yeah, that's when I stopped letting her near me). She's crying and all that.

So we tell her that she needs to leave and she can't get into the room until she has someone to help her move her stuff out. So she appears with another of the boy toys and they move her stuff out.

ONTO OUR PORCH.

She tells us that she's just waiting for a taxi. An hour goes by and we talk to her to find out when she's going to leave. She says she's waiting for a taxi.

Two hours go by and no taxi and my night agent starts.

My night agent tells her that she needs to remove her stuff from our front porch NOW. She says "Well where am I supposed to put it? Can't you help me out?" My agent says "I can call a taxi for you but you need to remove it NOW and you won't be coming back in" (this particular agent has no qualms about getting in someones face. Sometimes its really funny to watch. Other times it can backfire on her).

So crazy woman whines and starts removing her stuff from the porch. Onto the street. Where it stays for about a half hour until she decides to remove it from the street to just outside our gate. And, since this is the weekend, no one realizes that's where it stays until the morning.

Once again, my agent tells her "get it the hell away from the hotel". So she whines some more and it stays there for two hours until my agent threatens to call the police. At which point crazy woman removes it to the next door restaurant front underneath their tables and leaves. She does eventually come back that day with transportation and of course by this time some of the stuff is gone.

So on up she comes to our front door insisting that she needs to speak to one of our housekeepers. The front desk calls the housekeeper down to talk to the crazy woman and crazy woman accuses my housekeeper of stealing her bike. wtf?

After a few minutes crazy woman leaves and you would think it was over right? Nope.

She managed to convince one of our current guests to pay us the money that we're owed in the insane thought that we'd let her back in. The guest was warned by my very opinionated agent that he really shouldn't get involved with this woman as she is a great deal of trouble but he pays the bill anyway. And no, we don't let her back in regardless of whether the bill is paid or not.

So a day goes by and we think it's all over and done with then the guest who paid her bill comes to us and tells us a new story.

Seems somehow she managed to get someone to let her into the hotel after hours. She came to his room banging on the door like she was being chased. Bang bang bang bang bang bang. And yelling that he needed to let her in. Smart man absolutely refused. So she sat down on the floor outside his room, made herself a peanut butter sandwich and sat there eating it for over an hour. Finally the guest told her that she needs to leave or he's calling the police. She finally leaves and this is the last time we see or hear from her.

So this whole instance is why the lock out locks go on the door the moment the guests stops paying and why the security cameras have been updated. We will keep the room (if we don't need it) for one night. If we need it, the stuff inside is removed and placed in storage, no matter what. We've been trying to convince the owner that it would be a good idea to have someone working 11 pm - 7 am. We recently were told this is "in the works" but I don't know when it will happen. From the sounds of it, we're going to have one person working all three hotels on the night shift and they MUST have their own transportation so they can easily move between the hotels.
    Last edited by Moirae; 07-16-2014, 02:07 AM.

She showed up at the door with this man... not not man... boy. He must have been somewhere between 18 and 21 years old (definitely not a child but not a grown man either). He had dread locks and seemed kind of naive to me. He had fairly light black skin. I say all this because this was a very thin white woman who was petting his hair like he was a dog. And he didn't seem to mind at all. I was under the impression that he was a hooker. But hey, we can't do anything about that so long as no one is outright blunt about it like the last crazy man. Oh, and he was only with her about four days, then she brought in a new one with light hair and skin calling him her "young buck".
    she wanted to chat. Mostly about how much she hates men.
    She certainly has a funny way of showing it.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      She certainly has a funny way of showing it.
      Nah, see, the "young bucks" she brings in are her "boys."

She likes "boys" fine. But she hates "men."

Trying to examine much more than that-- like what defines which in her mind-- is a dangerous path. That way, madness lies.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

What sort of idiotic moron pays the bill of someone he doesn't even know?

Hey buddy, I've got a bridge for sale or rent...cheap...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          What sort of idiotic moron pays the bill of someone he doesn't even know?
          Somebody who was hoping she had a need for a new, ahem..."friend."

And just to be clear, everybody, you're NEVER obligated to let someone hug you if you don't want to be hugged. It's not rude to keep your boundaries.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Uh, Sorry, I don't know how it happens. I just noticed that I put the wrong words in some spots but I'm assuming you know what I mean. This started happening after my car accident in 2004. I sometimes type the wrong word than what I actually meant. I am correcting them.

Comment

11pm - 7am? The ghosting hour, the graveyard shift?! (swoons) ohhh, my FAVOURITE time of day.

(sob) and I'm stuck here unemployed in Perth. (cries)

Comment

Hotels run on typical shifts of 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am. Most hotels that is. Small ones will usually save money by not having a night shift. I know of a 14 room near us that closes its doors at 8pm and doesn't have desk clerks at all, the housekeeper starts at 1 pm and stay until 8 pm.

Comment

One of her biggest problems was she had lost her ID and was having trouble getting a hotel room. When we had found out she was sneaking into the Hotel after hours and sleeping in our "lobby", I was needless to say pissed. I saw her sneak out the front door, and after making sure she had slept there, chased her down the street and screamed at her to give me the key back. She acted offended and asked me, " what am I supposed to do then, I have no place to stay." My response was simple, Not my problem, and if she ever came back I was going to trespass her. She looked scared I think, not that I cared really.
                  And unto the I offer the 11th commandment of god, that whomsover calleth "Shotgun" shall heretofore and forever lay claim to that seat......until you have to pee!!-your friendly neighborhood Crucible

Comment

She deserved it hon. I'm sure we can all agree.

Just wish I knew why the crazies seem drawn to us.

Comment

Working...
                    X