This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hideous hotel

Last night on my audit shift I checked in a man who presented me with his wife's driver's license and credit card. I let him know that if he wanted to use her Id to check in I would need her to come in and sign for the room. He told me she was outside walking the dog and why was I doing this to him. He had been in the lobby for a whole two minutes and we were giving him the worst service ever. He went off on me and began ranting about how hideous (yes, he said hideous) the hotel is and this was horrible service.

I tried to tell him that for security reasons I had to ensure the person who belonged to the Id and credit card was present - but he wasn't having it.

After a few minutes the wife comes in and the check in proceeds. She was nice. Too bad he was such a big fat honking jerk.

Quoth figgyx View Post
    Last night on my audit shift I checked in a man who presented me with his wife's driver's license and credit card. I let him know that if he wanted to use her Id to check in I would need her to come in and sign for the room. He told me she was outside walking the dog and why was I doing this to him. He had been in the lobby for a whole two minutes and we were giving him the worst service ever. He went off on me and began ranting about how hideous (yes, he said hideous) the hotel is and this was horrible service.

I tried to tell him that for security reasons I had to ensure the person who belonged to the Id and credit card was present - but he wasn't having it.

After a few minutes the wife comes in and the check in proceeds. She was nice. Too bad he was such a big fat honking jerk.

Did you mention to the wife that her husband was screaming at you for doing your job?

Comment

I keep telling my wife this, when she tells me to just use her credit card. I remind her that I can't sign her signature. (I tell her it would be fraud.)

No, dude, you are not your wife, you can't use her card.
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

And yet, if you let someone use his card, and they ended up using it illegally, he'd get mad at you for letting someone else use his card! You just can't win with some people.

Comment

Working...
        X