This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't snooze, you lose.

I had a guys show up at 2:30am on the morning of the 12th. He had a reservation for the 12th and asked if he could check in early. I told him that we could do that, but there would be an extra night's charge. He said he'd be back. Meanwhile we sell out.

He comes back at 6am and demands to be checked in. Wonders what good a reservation is if we're not going to honor it. I tell him that we'd be happy to honor the reservation at 3pm, but until then, we cannot honor it.

Sorry, but if you wanted your room early, you should have taken it when it was still available. Asshole.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

In almost 11 months in the hotel industry I hadn't seen that ever. Then it happened TWICE last week. I guess people just do not get that the reservation is for 3pm (or whenever checkin is) of the day they reserved, NOT at 12:01am on the day they reserved.

Another weird one last night was a big group that showed up about 3am, paid for their rooms, took showers, and left. OK...seems like going to one of those 24 fitness places or even a truck stop might have been more cost-effective, but if you want to pay $140 for a shower, who are we to stop you?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

This happens to me all the time. I always ask them "Are you going to get mad at me when I call and wake you up at midnight and tell you to get out because it's a different day?" Suddenly the date change seems to be less important to them.

Comment

Everybody and their brother wanted to check in early yesterday. We have two events in town, either of which brings in enough people to make finding a room difficult. With both every hotel within 40 miles is booked solid (waves at Mr. Hero).

One lady started whining about "can't you just tell them I'm here waiting?" Yeah so are all the other people in the lobby and they were on the list first. Go sit your butt down and wait.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

This happens more than you think. I have been working audit at various hotels for more than 25 years now. People do not understand the concept of hotel time. When you book a reservation for a date it is for that date at the normal check in time (usually 3pm) Now, if you show up at 7am and I have clean rooms I will check you in early. Having said that, I had a woman show up at 1am the night before her reservation and asked if she could check in early. We said sure but she would have to pay for two nights. She got mad, said she was a regular and walked out.

Comment

Working...
          X