This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    By the way, do you serve complimentary marshmallows and roasting utensils for rooms with the wood burning fireplace?
    No, but we actually do have beachside bonfires with complimentary s'more stuffs. I'm sure some guests at one point or another have attempted to bring them inside, though I'm not familiar with any specific incidents. wouldn't surprise me though.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      No, but we actually do have beachside bonfires with complimentary s'more stuffs. I'm sure some guests at one point or another have attempted to bring them inside, though I'm not familiar with any specific incidents. wouldn't surprise me though.
      Would that actually be a problem? I don't see how roasting marshmallows inside would be an issue.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
        Would that actually be a problem? I don't see how roasting marshmallows inside would be an issue.
        I can see that.

Roasting forks being used in a light saber battle. Someone gets poked. Blood gets spilled. Especially if it's two kids playing with said forks. Parents start screaming lawsuit at the hotel/resort.

Any other scenarios to share?
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Plus, the marshmallow catches fire, the kid panics and drops it on the rug...

And isn't it a really bad idea to cook/roast food over most "indoor" logs? Aren't they filled with lots of toxic carcinogens, or whatever? I seem to recall a warning on the wrapper for those pre-packaged logs.
          Last edited by EricKei; 06-26-2016, 02:48 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Generally, yeah. They're meant for fireplaces/warmth, not for cooking.

As for why an open flame would be a bad idea inside...I can think of plenty of bad ideas. Most of them are on the guestlist at the hotel in question...^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
              This story shows why roasting marshmallows indoors is a bad idea.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I love going to Eastes Park with my family and relaxing next to the wood burning fireplace. They have lovely pine wood. I love the smell of a fresh pine fire.

Of course, I was raised in scouting and learned to RESPECT the AWESOME POWER of FIRE!!!! *insert various thunder and epic music*

Because if you did not respect fire, it will burn you.
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                X