This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the jerk complained about me?

Last Saturday on my audit shift a gentleman came to the front desk to complain that his a/c had not been working in the room. They left the room earlier in the day and when they came back it was still hot in the room.

This would have been an easy fix. I offered to send our houseman to look at it or just plain move him to another room.

he responded by yelling and swearing and immediately became just plain rude and condescending. I let him know that the language was not necessary which set him off some more.

Due to my entire system being down and using emergency keys and paper reports to find empty rooms it took a couple attempts to find a better room.

A few days later I noticed a complaint on trip advisor that I was rude to him. Seriously? I was the rude one? I really hate it when jerk losers stretch the truth and paint themselves as being saints when in all reality I should have called the police and had him evicted.

Cameras

This is why a work place camera pointed to the front counter would be so useful if the videos would be reviewed.

Also considering how dumb I find some people if figuring how to turn on and set hotel/motel air conditioning did he have it turn on correctly?

On more than one trip to the states I have found my travel companions not to be that bright with the air conditioning turned heating, set to blow air only, or in one silly case they came to me to complain their unit would not turn on - I plugged in it! And it was that big monster plug that I still don't know how they missed it.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      A few days later I noticed a complaint on trip advisor that I was rude to him. Seriously? I was the rude one? I really hate it when jerk losers stretch the truth and paint themselves as being saints when in all reality I should have called the police and had him evicted.
      Tell me the manager allowed you to rebut that
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
        I should have called the police and had him evicted.
        Good learning experience for next time huh?

Comment

We were in a hotel in late March once, and we were freezing but we couldn't find the thermostat. I went out to the front desk and told the hotel manager, and he came right to our room to check on it. Turned out I had hung my coat over the thermostat, and once it was turned on the room warmed up appreciably. Now, we could have been SCs and complained when we left, but we've stayed many times at this hotel and we know the front desk staff is very helpful. Besides, it felt like 20 degrees F in our room.

Comment

I gotta ask... if it was that cold, why didn't you put your coats back on?
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
            X