This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And speaking of Pokemon...

I would have put this in the other thread, but there's a link involved.

A news anchor walks in front of the weatherman while he's doing the forecast...live on the air...

Why? She's looking for those stupid Pokemon...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbea...7Dr?li=BBnb7Kz
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

*giggles* i feel very proud now that I waited until I was on the corner of the side walk and not try to capture a zubat that showed up when i was crossing the road.

I am actually kind of using the game to help with my situational awareness a bit because I'm studying to be a teacher and being able to realize little Johnny is setting up a make shift ladder to climb up to the top of the bookcase to try and fly while I'm working on a something with another student is a good thing.

The only thing I missed last night was whether or not the neighbor took the black trash can out for my nana, and that was because it was black in a unlight part of the street half under tree. I can tell you how many dog walkers I passed (3), how many kids (6) and other details of what happened around me as I was hunting.

Comment

It seems like it's having a negative effect of "situational awareness" for most people, though.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

So many people around here have their faces glued to their phones in general it's hard to tell...although the few trainers I have run across were actually more aware of their surroundings.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

What a coincidence! My 10-year-old nephew and I were just talking about Pokemon Go, and all the dangers associated with playing the game!
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Doesn't really seem to me that there are many dangers unless one lacks even basic common sense. Although, i guess it is scary to think of other drivers without said common sense!

Comment

And then there's this:

http://www.precociouscomic.com/archive/comic/2016/07/17

I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

...Aaaaand speaking of Pokecrack Go... Legal Stuff: https://consumerist.com/2016/07/14/p...ow-to-opt-out/
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X