Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Any Further Proof Was Needed That Cyclists Don't Obey Traffic Laws...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Any Further Proof Was Needed That Cyclists Don't Obey Traffic Laws...

http://loudounnow.com/2016/07/14/cyc...-bypass-crash/

A cyclist is riding ON the Route 7/15 bypass around Leesburg VA (where I live) during the HEIGHT of evening rush hour traffic BETWEEN lanes! Cyclists are NOT allowed on this road which takes HUGE amounts of traffic from the Northern VA area west to western VA, West VA and Pennsylvania.

Naturally she's hit and the bypass is shut down for three hours. And no one knows why she was out there in the first place!

They can't throw this idiot under the jail deep enough...

Grrr. I hate idiots like that. It isn't just herself she hurt but that poor 19 year old who will have the awful memory of hitting her. I know I have said numerous times in the forums but basic physics people. Heavy fast motor vehicles plus lightweight bike and squishy human do not mix well.

Comment

Last month a bicyclist around here did the same thing. She was riding on I-5 where bicyclists are prohibited, wasn't wearing a helmet, swerved across two lanes was hit. She later died. I was at work (which is north of the accident, but near the highway) and traffic was super bad, even worse than normal. Very sad, the woman was only 27. We have so many bicyclists around here, and I can honestly say that the vast majority are very safe. And then this happens and my mind boggles.

ETA: This article says that she passed away, the first one didn't but I knew I'd read it somewhere.
      Last edited by notalwaysright; 07-25-2016, 06:35 PM.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Last month, I saw a cyclist ride down a four lane, divided road. He was in the right lane and decided to make a left turn. Without looking behind him, he makes the turn. The car beside me and I both had to hit our brakes to avoid hitting him.

I find it comical that I've seen an ad that has the tag line, "Meet Single Cyclists Today." If cyclists keep doing things like this, the place to meet single cyclists is in the hospital.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
          I find it comical that I've seen an ad that has the tag line, "Meet Single Cyclists Today." If cyclists keep doing things like this, the place to meet single cyclists is in the hospital.
          Or meet them when you both have to talk to the cops after the fool does something stupid like this and causes an accident - assuming, of course, the fool survives...

Comment

...or even sticks around to talk to the police. More likely, the idiot would hightail it outta there... if they even noticed they'd caused a wreck in the first place.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I can't tell you how many times cyclists have come at me, going the WRONG WAY on a ONE WAY street and flipped me off for not moving over.....

Some people needs killin'
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Settle down now, Arga
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  I can't tell you how many times cyclists have come at me, going the WRONG WAY on a ONE WAY street and flipped me off for not moving over....
                  Not to mention running red lights
                  Sometimes, I wonder if these people are trying to get hit
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    Not to mention running red lights
                    Red lights and signs - these are merely suggestions for cyclists...

We need more cops handing out tickets to these morons and judges throwing the book at them.

Comment

We need a Billboard #1 hit from Wierd Al: "Splat People"
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Red lights and signs - these are merely suggestions for cyclists...

We need more cops handing out tickets to these morons and judges throwing the book at them.
                        I actually work in a downtown office building. On my way to the highway out of the parking garage, the cycle lane is actually in a lane of traffic.

It drives me batty, sometimes.

The thing now is some cyclists are wearing GoPro cameras and "filming" their rides. So sometimes when something happens, they put the video up on YouTube -- whether they're in the right or not.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

On the flip side, it's unbelievable how many cagers consider bike lanes a suggestion, or a parking lane.

Comment

Had one pop a wheelie off the sidewalk and into the street from between two parked cars today, no helmet, didn't look, had his headphones on, only got the slightest idea something may have been up when the sound/smell of tires filled the neighborhood....

Were ya born suicidal Buckwheat? Or did you have to WORK at it!?!?!?!?!?
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X