This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    The Phoenix Ren Faire DOES kick ass. Especially after seeing the dinky little one they have here in the Keys. Talk about a world of difference!
    Agreed! The ones here are cute and fun, but they're not nearly as big and interesting as the Arizona Renaissance Festival.
    Last edited by XCashier; 12-25-2011, 05:45 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      that town was my, if you will, touchstone, my renewal, my safehaven, my decompression chamber and my once a year refuge from my (at times) crazy life.
      I understand completely.

I basically grew up in New York and New Jersey, moving with my family to Arizona in 1987, at the age of 17.

Whenever I end up in New York or New Jersey, while the places are somewhat familiar, it is still like visiting Someplace Else.

However, whenever I go home to Phoenix, the moment I walk out the doors of Sky Harbor Airport and feel that warm desert air on my face, my soul instantly starts recharging. As I am Home.

Home is where the heart is. Some of my friends will insist that I am from New York or New Jersey. But my heart is in the desert. That is my home. And it always will be. Even when I lived in NY/NJ, it never felt like Home. It was always too cold, I always liked the heat, and it just didn't feel right. I knew I was Home within my first month in Arizona. And no matter what anyone says, that will always be the case.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I may have grown up in Michigan, but Wasilla Alaska is home. It was harder leaving there and the family we found with Station 62 then when I left my childhood home. One day we will return there for good. It's where my daughter was born, and where we want her to grow up.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I knew I was Home within my first month in Arizona.
          This is how I felt the first time I visited Dublin and Edinburgh. When I got of the trains in both cities, I just felt like I was in the right place.

I didn't realise so many people had a place like that.

My home is 3 places in Oz. My house where I grew up, my gran's house and my favourite beach. As long as I can be near one of them, I am happy and I can recharge.

If Dublin and Edinburgh weren't so far from my family and best friend, I would probably never leave. Oh and if either country didn't kick me out at the end of the work visa.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
          X