This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Go Ahead and Complain to Corporate

I got threatened TWICE yesterday that a customer was going to go to corporate. That is definitely a record for me. Usually it's only once a week.

Our chip card readers are a little...tetchy. Most issues happen with certain particular cards that come from [Bank]. The way the system works, if the card has a chip malfunction like a million times, it'll let you swipe. The issue I'm having with a lot of [Bank] cards is that the system isn't even recognizing that it HAS a chip when it goes into the reader.

This lumbering she-beast proceeds to lecture me for a good five minutes while I'm trying to fix her card that it's all MY fault and that *I* need to fix this and she's going to take her prescriptions to a different pharmacy. She threatened to go to corporate about it and I told her to go ahead and do that, so that MAYBE the stupid reader will get fixed. She wasn't impressed.

She kept yelling at me that it's not her card and how ridiculous the whole system is. It literally got to the point that another customer told her that his card worked fine. Once she paid with another card and stomped off still yelling her nastiness, I burst into tears while I was trying to help the next customer in line. THAT customer said some nasty things about that lady and let me take a second to go hide in our medicine shelves to recenter myself.

I had a customer that was paying for a copay that was a little over $150 with a check. I asked for ID which is protocol.

Apparently, the ELEVENTY BILLION YEARS she's been filling with the pharmacy, she has NEVER, EVER and I SAY EVER(!!!!) been asked for ID and how utterly ridiculous it is. She is going to complain to my supervisor AND to corporate. I double checked with the pharmacist and she told me that I was correct in asking for ID.

I guess Sundays are the best days to be a rude customer

$150!

No ID, not meds. No way am I taking a check that could bounce and when management asks why I took it I reply that I went against company policy and just common sense.

If she thinks it is wrong have her call the police and see what they think of her passing a dodgy check.

Comment

I will never, ever understand people who throw a big-ass tantrum over being asked to show ID! It's right there in your purse, pocket or wallet! What the hell is the big deal?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I will never, ever understand people who throw a big-ass tantrum over being asked to show ID! It's right there in your purse, pocket or wallet! What the hell is the big deal?
        Oh, but of course, the retail workers who check ID only want to steal her identity! Never mind what would happen if someone DID steal her identity or cards. But then, it would be the employee's fault again for not checking...
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth WoodenSunshine View Post

Our chip card readers are a little...tetchy.
          So are our chip readers, it seems to not like the debit cards with the chip. I think that's where the majority of the problems lie

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            It's not the "inconvenience", it's the principle of the thing. "But I'm OBVIOUSLY over 21!" "But I come in here ALL THE TIME, and you should KNOW how old I am!!!!11!!" Meanwhile, in the FIVE MINUTES of ranting, you've inconvenienced yourself far longer than I would have taken to just open up for fucking purse or wallet and just show us the damn card.

Comment

By the time you're done complaining about whatever rule it was that twisted your panties, you COULD have complied and been on your way five times over.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I actually thank the people who ask me for ID when I'm doing a transaction. They are asking to PROTECT my information and their transaction. People really need to get over themselves.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
                --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Or

Don't forget the number of times they do not have valid ID and don't want to admit it.

Drive licence expired - rant and rave.

Passport/University card not valid at a bar to buy drinks - rant and rave.

Bank card damaged or not signed - rant and rave.

Parked in Handicap Zone with no or expired card - rant and rave.

ETC ....

Comment

Passport isn't valid at a bar? That's news to me...
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                      Until relatively recently, it wasn't in California. An old law, leftover from the time when drivers licenses had no photos, required that the ID for booze have a physical description (height, eye color, etc.) Few countries put that on their passports. Now it's the usual "government issued photo ID."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        I tell myself they don't want me to see their weight. Like I can't actually see their weight.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                          Might mean the wallet-size passport card that's only valid at land border crossings, as opposed to the passport booklet.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I was carded not too long ago when I bought some Robitussin cough syrup. The pharmacy clerk looked over at my 55+ gray-haired self, and said, "As far as I'm concerned, you don't need an ID. But the computer insists." I told him not to worry about it and handed over my driver's license. He told me later that some people react as though he's questioning their honor when he asks for an ID.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

You would be surprised how many people DON'T carry their ID/DL with them.

Seriously.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X