This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    You would be surprised how many people DON'T carry their ID/DL with them.

Seriously.
    They should in case something happens to them. I even take it on a walk outside. If I don't have a pocket I put my ID, phone, lip balm, and keys in a small bag that can be carried cross-body.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      ...You would be surprised how many people DON'T carry their ID/DL with them...
      Buttlescutt among the criminal cognoscenti: "They can't arrest you if they don't know who you are."
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Buttlescutt among the criminal cognoscenti: "They can't arrest you if they don't know who you are."
        Actually they can, but they can't CHARGE you if they don't know who you are.

Of course you can always get a free trip to Guantanamo...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          Actually they can, but they can't CHARGE you if they don't know who you are.

Of course you can always get a free trip to Guantanamo...
          And from watching JAIL on Spike, I know that if they can't CHARGE you, all that time you're spending at the Grey Bar Hotel doesn't count. Until you are in their system, the time you're hanging out waiting (or resisting or bound in the restraint chair), is all your time.

Comment

It's often that I leave my purse in the car and just grab my credit card and keys to run in for something. Then I go to check out and there's been a change about what you need ID before (like the Robitussin). I would probably just sigh and say I don't want it.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
              It's often that I leave my purse in the car and just grab my credit card and keys to run in for something. Then I go to check out and there's been a change about what you need ID before (like the Robitussin). I would probably just sigh and say I don't want it.
              That's actually asking for trouble; a potential thief won't know that you've taken your purse wallet in and will smash your window and nick your handbag purse while you're in the shop.

* Adjusted to remove Britishisms in favour of Americanisms.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

My current supervisor used to a manager at the fruit-branded electronics store. Whenever a customer threatened to call corporate, she would pull out her phone and dial the complaints line for them. She said it eliminated most of the customers who'd call after the fact and complain when she couldn't defend herself.

Generally I greet the threat with "The number is 1-800-OrangeApron. Would you like to use my phone? Dial 9 for an outside line."
                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I had a woman who gave me her DL, which was expired, I told her I couldn't accept it. She got all bent out of shape and said "I don't see why it's so important, it's JUST AN ID!! Good Lord lady, it's your DL! I believe it's ILLEGAL to drive with an expired DL.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    That's actually asking for trouble; a potential thief won't know that you've taken your purse wallet in and will smash your window and nick steal your handbag purse while you're in the shop.

* Adjusted to remove Britishisms in favour of Americanisms.
                    You missed one.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      You missed one.
                      *hangs head in shame* Sorry.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

but i liked that one...

Comment

Is it bad that my amateur radio license is more easily viewable in my wallet than my driver's license?
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth OneMoreTime View Post
                            I had a woman who gave me her DL, which was expired, I told her I couldn't accept it. She got all bent out of shape and said "I don't see why it's so important, it's JUST AN ID!! Good Lord lady, it's your DL! I believe it's ILLEGAL to drive with an expired DL.

I'd have called the cops before she was even out the door. Have a cop waiting for her in the parking lot.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                              Generally I greet the threat with "The number is 1-800-OrangeApron. Would you like to use my phone? Dial 9 for an outside line."
                              Customers don't seem to understand that a call to corporate usually has little to no effect on the wage slaves they're yelling at.

Had that threat a few times during my stint at Major Electronics Retailer. Mostly, they were complaining that nobody was around to help them or answer their questions. I responded to the threat several times by saying something like, "Please do! Maybe they'll listen to you and realize that we need to increase our labor budget so we have enough staff in the store, 'cause they sure don't listen to me!" I don't think any of them did call corporate, though...
                              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                              - IPF

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                                Is it bad that my amateur radio license is more easily viewable in my wallet than my driver's license?
                                No! Proves you know how much RF if takes to hurt someone!

Comment

Working...
                                X