Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES, i will absolutely refund the nothing you paid! (with bonus speshul snowflake)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES, i will absolutely refund the nothing you paid! (with bonus speshul snowflake)

so. a kid puked in our pool today... JUST before i arrived. so the first thing i have to deal with now is an overload of people 1. asking why the pool is closed and when it will reopen, and 2. people signing up for other things because the pool is closed.

nbd. most people were understanding... "why is the pool closed?" "someone got sick" "ooooooh..." "it reopens at X (time 5 hours after the incident occurred). we have to give the chemicals time to do their thing." "yeah! yup! no problem. so... how much is golf?" a few lamented the loss of access to a cool refreshing pool on the hottest weekend so far this year, but weren't nasty, just disappointed. and then... the subject of my post... after the pool had reopened, a mother came in and asked if we were offering any compensation to campers because of how long the pool was closed. note... we do not charge for access to our pool unless you are not a guest, which she was, so for her, the pool was free. i was like wtf no... but i was nice about how i said it. she left, unsatisfied. o well.

and bonus suck from friday night..there was a street fair thing going on in town this weekend in celebration of a local species of fish...and a few of the people working the street booths stayed with us. the combination of the fair, father's day, and our weekend theme, AND the end of school for most kids means this is the busiest weekend since memorial day, so we're pretty darn full right now. most of the sites are throughout the trees in a pine forest, but we do have 6 sites right out front, literally right in front of the entrance driveway, between the workshop and the waterslide. most people aren't a big fan of those 6 sites unless they have a good reason... that reason usually being they have kids, and being in those sites lets them be lazy parents and watch their kid swim, bounce, and slide right from their site. i tell you all this to set the stage. also, those sites are 50amp sites, so they're a few bucks more than the cheaper 30 amp site. (for someone who doesn't know the difference, a smaller trailer (like this) will usually take 30 amp, and a big-honkin motorhome (like this)with 2 AC units or more will usually be 50 amp)

so early friday afternoon this old man comes in solo. real sourpuss. i didn't wait on him, but i overheard a little bit. he wasn't overtly nasty, but he was very short, gruff. took off before my coworker had a chance to tell him where the site was.. even took off without his map. the boss stopped him cruising aimlessly through the park looking for his site (he at least had his car pass). boss directed him to his site, which happened to be one of those 6 sites right out front. note. he had a small trailer. only 25 feet long. he sets up and goes straight to the fair to start setting up their equipment there.

several hours later his partner arrived. gave her a map and a car pass and off she went. not 5 minutes later she comes storming in the office ranting and raving about how that site was "the worst site EVER" and she just couldn't believe it and she shouldn't even have to pay for a site like that. she INSISTED that she had booked a 30 amp site that the internet description said that the site 'backed up to the forest." i did a quick search and found another site... this one actually fitting the description she wanted. 30 amp backing to the trees in a bit more privacy than right in front of God and everybody. while she was stuck in a feedback loop of alternately angrily demand-asking if the sites out front "backed up to a forest" and claiming she shouldn't have to pay for a site like that, i plunked a new map in front of her with the new site circled and asked if that site would be more amenable. she asked again if "that site" (while pointing to the front) backed to the forest... i pointed to the map and said "this one does." she grudgingly accepted, i refunded her the difference between a 50 amp site and a 30 amp, handed her a new car pass, and sent her on her grouchy way (i'd say merry, but she wasn't)

the next 3 customers commended me on my patience.
    Last edited by katzklaw; 06-19-2016, 07:18 AM.

Denver had PrideFest, ComicCon, Father's Day and a major golf tournament last weekend. It was a blast but I did have the obligatory guests whining about how hard it was to find a hotel room as if it was my fault. I am not in charge of tourism and if I was, being busy during the summer would mean I am doing my job, no?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      Denver had PrideFest, ComicCon, Father's Day and a major golf tournament last weekend. It was a blast but I did have the obligatory guests whining about how hard it was to find a hotel room as if it was my fault. I am not in charge of tourism and if I was, being busy during the summer would mean I am doing my job, no?
      It's always the same questions.

What's going on in Denver?
      Why is it so busy on a Tuesday?
      What other hotels in the area have rooms?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

there's a big televised event (usually ends up on like ESPN2 or something) that happens in this SMALL town every year in the end of July... and i always get a little chuckle when someone asks if a cabin or tent site is available and i tell them no sorry we're full, and they're like "whua? why is it so busy at the end of July?" not only is it busy, it's one of only 4 weekends we charge more for (not much more, we don't gouge, but it is still a few bucks extra a night. lol)

Comment

Until this week I would not have believed that an entire city of 2.2 million people could absolutely sell out of rooms. We did. There literally is not a single hotel room to be had within a 40 mile radius of Denver Proper, except for the Brown Palace at $700 a night. You either pay that or you drive an hour north or south and find a room there.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
          X