Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sometime do the end of the Month change thing, BUT...

1. I usually use various combinations of Nickels, Dimes and Quarters (I save up my pennies until I have a decent amount to Coinstar)

2. NEVER for more than $10.

Perhaps the fact I've been a cashier before has something to do with that.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
      She said, "I'll take the quarters - I need to go to the laundromat! Go ahead and bring your cash!"
      Sounds like one client who had only large bills. The manager forgot to restock to petty cash with small bills, so I had to break her hundred with the contents of my pockets. I asked if she had a problem with the last $3 being quarters. She said no problem I have to do laundry.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I've had that happen in the drugstore I worked all the time. I was OK with it if there was no line, but if there was, it's just so inconsiderate to occupy all my time dealing with it.

It was rarely a jar or bag of precounted coins. More often they'd just be sifting through their coin purse for the exact change, all the while complaining, "I hate change! I hate change!"
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
          ... "I hate change! I hate change!"
          And that's why you're full of it. You've never been changed!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Your flair says you're from California - wouldn't you get a dollar or two, rather than a pound or two, of change out of your purse?
            Hardy har har.... Ladies purse. Massive coin dump at times.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Only time I was glad to get a ton of small change was when I was at the supermarket, and we had an issue with change. My till only had five ps and pennies in it. I had to tell every customer that I had no change before starting a transaction. One old lady said, "I have lots of change!" and paid for her shopping with a ton of small change. It took ages to count it all, but I was very grateful.
              I was at the dollar store on a Saturday evening sometime around Christmas and I was getting two items. I'd recently cleaned out my purse, my dresser and my car and had about $30 in change. I was slowly spending it by giving exact change (at least the change part, so if the total was $13.47 I'd give the cashier $20.47), but this order was pretty small so I asked the cashier if he minded if I paid in all change, and made a joke about my purse weighing 25 pounds for all the change. The manager heard me and got this huge grin on his face and asked if I wanted to sell all the change. They were almost completely out of change and the banks wouldn't be open until Monday. It worked out for both of us. I'm sure he still didn't have enough change to get through the weekend, but the crises was at least averted for a few more hours.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

We had a customer who would come in now and then to buy a beer entirely with pennies, but they were kind enough to ask ahead of time and wait until there was no line.
                Then there was the one who asked if we took rolled quarters. In small quantity, we did, but I already had three in the drawer so I asked how much. They seemed surprised when I told her I couldn't take $70 in rolled quarters. Last I checked, my register drawer is not a TARDIS.
                It always kinda saddens and amuses me to set the pumps for less than a dollar, entirely in change.
                NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Working...
                X