This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes... my boss is awesome

so. here in northern WI we've had a LOT of flooding lately. several road closures etc etc.

Wednesday night a guest stepped wrong over a tiny step (it's something like an inch or two tall, and painted yellow for visibility) coming out of the ladies room and twisted her ankle. she fussed a little bit, and asked if the bathroom was "to code" (seemed like a slightly odd question to me, but whatever) but she calmed down, and my husband gave her a ride back to her camper on his golf cart. everything seemed fine when they parted ways Wednesday. guess i hoped for too much

Thursday morning the husband calls the front desk YELLING at the clerk about how his wife can't walk yadda yadda etc etc and demanding to know if the bathrooms were "to code". i can only assume they thought that the tiny little ledge there meant the bathrooms were not ADA compliant, and were fishing for something to sue over. clerk got the owner on the phone with this guy, and he repeated his demands to know about the bathrooms. (they're acceptable to code as far as i am aware. i know we had a couple in wheelchairs just last week and they had no trouble whatsoever navigating the step). Owner and SC go back and forth for a while. SC admits they were only in our park because of the flooding detours. Finally, owner gets tired of going around and around and says "what do you want?" SC says basically that he wanted owner to admit fault because of the presence of the step. fortunately for us, every single Big Yellow Campground in the USA and Canada includes a little disclaimer that every camper must sign to agree to stay with us: "I agree management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, or loss from any cause.". the owner said... and i quote... "Hell will freeze to a solid block before I agree to that."... informed them of the disclaimer they signed, and told them to kindly pack their s*** and GTFO (paraphrased a bit).

i wonder if they're gonna try to sue. not that they can win anything... but eh. should be good for a laugh.

(i feel bad she hurt herself, but crap happens. i twisted my ankle on that park myself a few years ago stepping in a slight uneven patch on a gravel road. i know it sucks, but we're not at fault.)

Yes, let's blame someone else for something that either couldn't be helped or was a result of your stupidity. I'm so sick of people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Years ago, while visiting a friend who lived in an apt complex, i slipped on some ice on the sidewalk, fell and twisted my knee. Nothing major, and while I did call the office on Monday (happened on a Sat night) it was NOT to bitch and moan, but to let them know hey, this is what happened to me, so you might want to make sure that there's enough salt etc down so someone else doesn't fall. since there were a lot of elderly residents.

i think what had happened was the sun melted snow, and it refroze, into black ice.

Comment

When will businesses be able to use the government to fine customers who make frivolous claims? That'd stop them all.

Comment

Quoth panamared View Post
        When will businesses be able to use the government to fine customers who make frivolous claims? That'd stop them all.
        I thought in some places there was legislation in place to reduce frivolous lawsuits. Like in the case above, if the woman brought about a lawsuit like that and lost, she would have to pay all court costs. Her own, and the costs of the entity she sued.

Am I wrong there?
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
          she fussed a little bit, and asked if the bathroom was "to code"
          If that is one of the first things she is asking, I am questioning if it was an accident.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            I thought in some places there was legislation in place to reduce frivolous lawsuits. Like in the case above, if the woman brought about a lawsuit like that and lost, she would have to pay all court costs. Her own, and the costs of the entity she sued.

Am I wrong there?
            That I do not know, but I have heard of some citizens losing their ability to sue because they were frivolously suing everyone for everything before.

Comment

Working...
            X