This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't do that!

So last Tuesday I went to the beach and I got really sunburned, it sucks but I had a great time and next time I go I'll use something stronger and wear a big floppy hat. I've been using cooling spray and aloe vera lotion to help, and the heat is gone I just have to deal with the redness. A couple of my co-workers commented on it lightly, and thankfully none of my customers did.....until yesterday night. There were these 2 ladies in line doing separate orders and in the middle of taking care of the first one she makes the comment that I got really burnt, I don't say anything and continue but she takes my silence as a go ahead for her to keep talking about it and says that I'm really red. Then she tells her friend look at her she's really red while pointing at me, I go as quickly as I can with the rest of her order and breeze right through her friends order as well after she said for me to turn around to show her friend how burnt I was. The customer after them had 2 carts full of stuff so they were pretty much forced towards the exit. I'm white as a sheet of paper and anyone can easily see where I was burnt but seriously don't point and make comments, especially if I'm right in front of you ringing up your clothes and bathroom stuff.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

"What do you mean, I'm sunburned? You don't say! I wondered why my skin was so red and painful after spending a lot of time in the sun. Wowie zowie, I'm ever so glad you went on and on about it."

Seriously, why did that SC go on about it? I'm quite sure Zellie knows what happened; it is her own skin, after all. MYOB, SC.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow their lives must be boring.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

*looks down at arm/other sunburned place*

AAAH! OMG, I have SUNBURN!!!

(One wonders if the super black-hole of stupidity is capable of being pierced by such a level of sarcasm, though.)
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"Wow, am I the first person you've seen with a sunburn? I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't seen a sunburn! Hey CW, this lady has never seen a sunburn before. Could you go over to my CW's lane so she can see someone who's never seen a sunburn before, thanks."
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Jebus, that's just like the geniuses that say "Wow, you're so busy." No shit, lady. You're the 4th person in line waiting for me to cut your lumber; I had no fucking clue that I was busy until you told me.

Comment

"Actually this is a rare birthmark and I prefer that people don't call attention to it."

Comment

Aloe vera gel helps like a charm with sunburn (speaking as someone who stupidly got burned a few times as a teen).

Also, wow, really? Do they point out gaps in people's teeth and comment on moles too?
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

You wanna talk about stupidly getting sunburned?

On the day before the 4th of July, 2003, I, a pale freckled white guy, went to Ozzfest. In San Diego. And I forgot to put on sunscreen before I left home that morning.

By the time the sun started going down I was already beet-red. When I woke up the next morning, my face was stuck to my pillow because overnight the skin had blistered, the blisters had popped, and the ooze had run down my face onto the pillow and dried. And I had to go to work (in fast food, no less) that day.

It took about three weeks for me to heal up. For most of that time, my face and arms were bright red and peeling all over and I looked like some sort of radioactive lizard-person.

Fortunately, it being San Diego, most of the customers who commented on it were sympathetic rather than condemnatory.

Comment

Ouch that sounds awful. I always seem to have some red in my cheeks but being in Colorado (less air blocking the rays) I they to be careful about sunscreen.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                    X