Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a 10mm wrench in You Suck as a Customer land?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DaemonLee View Post
    The worst part is, when I got the question of "What's it like being gay?" And I instantly snipped back, as I was under the car. "Quite happy!"
    THANK YOU!!!! I get that constantly at my job! "What's it like being gay?" "How can you be a gay cop?" "Don't you just LOVE searching other guys?"

I want to (metaphorically) kill them... in the face... with a shovel.

And no, people don't understand that I'm a dispatcher, not a cop.
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I've never been asked what it's like to be gay.

I get asked why I keep telling people I'm male when I'm obviously a girl.

I'M NOT A GIRL! *Fist shake of doom +1+2*
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Actually you CAN take an oil pug off with a torch... Good luck getting it back on though...

And please DO walk under the occupied vehicle lifts... I've always wondered what a SC pancake looks like!
        *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
        *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
          THANK YOU!!!! I get that constantly at my job! "What's it like being gay?" "How can you be a gay cop?" "Don't you just LOVE searching other guys?"

I want to (metaphorically) kill them... in the face... with a shovel.

And no, people don't understand that I'm a dispatcher, not a cop.
          next time someone asks if you just love searching other guys you should just tell them
          "I sure do, you got any contraband there "

oh and I have actually had a caller ask me what it's like being gay... once again stereotype... straight guys don't answer phones at anything travel related... and my voice isn't exactly the most "straight sounding" apparently (just what the hell does that mean anyway)... I had one caller who was being really annoying that I just told them it was the best way to be because you could have sex both ways depending on how you felt that day... they hung up (thank you former roommate for playing that song so I knew the line... kudos to anyone who knows what song I'm talking about)
          ...though normally I just tell them I don't know, but my girlfriend has a lot of gay friends, I'll ask her (I'm single but they don't need to know that).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

So smiley... got any contraband I should know about? :P
            Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
              So smiley... got any contraband I should know about? :P
              damn, they're on to me... gotta wipe my hard drives and hide my back-up memory sticks.
              ... in all honesty, with how hot and heavy law enforcement is going on online piracy I think I'd rather be caught with crack than with a pirated dvd
              *disclaimer, I neither use crack nor pirated dvds
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                (M)y voice isn't exactly the most "straight sounding" apparently (just what the hell does that mean anyway)...
                One of the heavy, thick accents ranging from Texan and Redneck to one of the many sub-dialects of NewYawker.

On a more serious note, I've noticed that there's also a certain quality, one I can't really define, in the voices of the more... um... "flamboyant", shall we say?... of the gay guys I know that seems to be far more common in homosexuals than hetrosexuals. They could be thinking they hear something similar in your voice... but that's probably giving them too much credit.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                  I figure the OP is a gay mechanic because they like big tools.
                  Girls like big/power tools too. *ducks!* Good bad joke there! Kudos.
                  Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth DaemonLee View Post
                    The worst part is, when I got the question of "What's it like being gay?" And I instantly snipped back, as I was under the car. "Quite happy!"
                    So far as I can tell, the only difference between being a straight student and a lesbian student is that a lesbian student gets asked more stupid questions by classmates.

((Though technically, I'm bi with a strong leaning towards women. I don't tell most people that, because 'bisexual woman' often gets misheard as 'raving slutbeast'. Go figure.))

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      oh and I have actually had a caller ask me what it's like being gay... once again stereotype... straight guys don't answer phones at anything travel related... and my voice isn't exactly the most "straight sounding" apparently (just what the hell does that mean anyway)... I had one caller who was being really annoying that I just told them it was the best way to be because you could have sex both ways depending on how you felt that day... they hung up (thank you former roommate for playing that song so I knew the line... kudos to anyone who knows what song I'm talking about)
                      ...though normally I just tell them I don't know, but my girlfriend has a lot of gay friends, I'll ask her (I'm single but they don't need to know that).
                      Had something similar to this at my current job, where I can't quite remember the exact context, but had the vendor saying something along the lines of "blah blah, like, no offence, homosexuals." I do remember there was no malice intended, so I shrugged it off.

I did find a way to work in the sentence "my wife and I," a little later, cause I knew it'd embarass the crap out of the guy. All I could think after I hung up was "Does my Irish accent really come across like that to Floridians?"

Course, I could've just said "no, I'm bi," but I don't think I'd like that to be common knowledge amoungst coworkers who I mostly don't like, and I am married

Quoth Metody
                      ((Though technically, I'm bi with a strong leaning towards women. I don't tell most people that, because 'bisexual woman' often gets misheard as 'raving slutbeast'. Go figure.))
                      Which is why I don't need that particular piece of info to be common knowledge at work, as the same connotations can be attached to bisexual man.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                        I love/hate stereotypes like that. Love, because I love cutting people down a peg or two about their misconceptions. Hate, because it's really, really, really annoying after a while.

Well done, and !
                        On the flip side of that - I'm not gay - but I don't have a boyfriend...don't want one at the moment. When I drove a tow truck and the subject of my "boyfriend" or "husband" would come up - I would say I don't have one...a few immediately assumed that I had a girlfriend then.

Then there were the ones that just right off the bat thought I was a lesbian because, most certainly, a straight girl would not like to lay in puddles of oil/grease/transmission fluid to hook up cars to tow.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Metody View Post
                          Or just greedy!

Now, even though I'm straight, I have experimented on more than one occasion over the course of my life. I wouldn't quite consider myself bi because I don't actively persue women but if an opportunity presented itself...I'd probably do some more experimentation.

My friends call that greedy.
                          Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 06-18-2008, 08:34 PM.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Ah yes, as another Bi girl the enjoyment in it all is amazing.
                            1. Can I watch?
                            2. Oh, your just greedy.
                            3. You're actually straight/gay, you just haven't come to terms with it.
                            4. You're just saying that to get attention.
                            5. You can't be Bi, you're in a relationship with a man.
                            6. How can you fancy other women?
                            7. Ew.

Also the raging slutbeast thing, which- OK, yeah, I have been, because I enjoy sex and have often, in the past just thought 'what the hell' about it all. But, really, none of their business.

Oh and what's it like being Bi/Gay?

I always just ask them what's it like being straight. Or say 'like you, only with more options'.
                            Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Yeah, I hate people who assume that, because you're bisexual, you'll want to have sex with them, 'cause being bisexual means you want to have sex with anybody, right ? Some are afraid you'll pounce them, some hope you'll be all over them, and all of them are WRONG.

Also, I never had to discuss my sexuality with my co-workers and I hope I'll never have to, mostly because it's complicated and I have trust issues.
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                                I figure the OP is a gay mechanic because they like big tools.
                                I'm a chick (obviously) and I like men that carry big tools . I have a few friends that are gay, and they are cool as hell. Heck, all gays and bi's are cool in my book. Welcome to CS!!!
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X