This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frickin' EWs (Rant)

Ok, so we had a group rent out one of our auditoriums for an auction yesterday, and each person who came for it was given a pass for one small popcorn and one small drink. These passes cannot be traded in for different items, can't be upgraded to larger sizes, and expire after the day they're handed out. Why some of these people have a problem comprehending this, I have no idea. So, this douchebag goes to my coworker's register, and their conversation goes like this:

DB: Douchebag
    CW: Co-worker
    ME: Mordecai

DB: I want one of those Perrier bottles. (Hands soda pass to friend.)
    CW: Actually, I can't give you one of those with that pass, but I can give you seltzer water from the soda fountain.
    DB: Well, then what good are these for?! (Proceeds to rip up passes in front of CW and then storms off)

And of course, we had plenty of pissed off people who either lost or forgot to get their passes and then got mad when we wouldn't give them free food. Look, if you don't have a pass, then you're not getting anything. I'm not going to risk my job just because you're too lazy to spend a minute to get your f-cking pass for FREE food. Assholes....

Reminds me of Family Day (a made-up holiday the Canadian government decided on that, magically, does not give retail workers the day off to spend wth THEIR families) at my work.
    Our breakfast is $1 but for this day we were offering free breakfast on the food only, meaning drinks were still priced as usual (as they always are).
    SO many people were up the restaurant coworkers asses about getting free drinks on top of their free food, and a lot of people were demanding they get coffee or tea for free since "it's not really a breakfast without it."

Comment

It really amazes me how cheap people can be at times. If I was given a free meal, I'd show a little gratidude, or at least leave a nice tip.

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
        It really amazes me how cheap people can be at times. If I was given a free meal, I'd show a little gratidude, or at least leave a nice tip.
        You might do that. Everyone else wants everything for free, and thinks that they're entitled to it.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          Our breakfast is $1 but for this day we were offering free breakfast on the food only, meaning drinks were still priced as usual (as they always are).
          Then, I'm sure, they decided not to leave a tip, because the food was free so, obviously, you didn't have to work at all.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
          X