X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a grumble.

Had my Birthday yesterday. Yay.

Now, I'm generally a nice person; I don't expect much; time with family if I'm not pissed at them for some stupid shit, maybe a meal out at a resturant that everyone in the family likes.

What I don't tolerate is a heaping load of bullshit, and having my expectations played. So, when I can say, without any trace of bias that Electronic Arts, as a giant soulless company, gave me the 'best' birthday present of this year (25% off of any purchase using their online store), it's safe to say that something's done and fucked up.

When I'm informed, repeatedly, that certain chucklefucks (read: family) are going to get me a HDTV to replace the 19 year old Panasonic in my room, only to recieve a blank card and a 8.50$ container of french fry seasoning? Yeah. That shit, even as a prank, doesn't fly. Hell, I haven't had fries in nearly 2 years.

So, I walked home. Merely 20 kilometres in pitch darkness. Good thing I own a good pair of hiking boots.

Well, happy birthday first of all!

Second, your family sounds a bit like bullies to be honest. Not even taking into account the "gift", a blank card? Seriously? They couldn't be bothered to at least write happy birthday and we love you and sign it?

That's low.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

On the bright side, the walk managed to cool off the searing murder-plotting rage I felt to a mere simmering resentment of immature tricks, pranks, and bullshit.

The fact that I let them get home before I blew my stack at them as a whole is either a testament to my willpower, or just a testament to not wanting to publicly humiliate them. Honestly, I can't tell anymore.

Comment

We'll go with the former with a healthy dose of you taking the higher ground. And knowledge that you now have potential blackmail.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Are you sure we aren't related? Although my family's favorite thing to do is give me stolen gift cards to nice stores. So then I go shopping - thinking I have some money and end up finding out I have no money to spend.

I'm glad that you did get a chance to cool off. I just don't understand why people would be so cruel to flesh and blood like that? Who do they think is going to pick out thier nursing home later?
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Happy belated birthday!

Am impressed by your self restraint
            Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Happy Birthday!

I am so sorry your family is so horrible to you.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Argh! Some people suck!

We love you.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Hugs, Salty. *virtual gourmet beer and chips*
                  Sorry someone was being an asshole.
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Happy birthday, SG. Thank you for not killing anyone; we'd miss you if you went to prison.

*offers epsom salts to soak tired, achy feet*

Comment

Well, I'm doing better now; a friend from Denmark bought me a copy of STALKER: Call of Pripyat on Steam, and I was given a fully-paid preorder of Metro 2034: Last Light, so I'm up to my ears in my favourite type of game; post-apocalyptic modernist that's actually serious (and seriously cool).

Now all i have to do is wait for Guild Wars 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and a 36" HDTV :P

Comment

Okay, I know...

... that I can be a bit messy. That, maybe, my room smells a bit 'off' because it's partly underground, and because all of the cold air returns pass through my room, it picks up almost all the dust.

And that, maybe, I tend to be lazy about picking up after myself, and let the dust accumulate behind various stacks of books, or on my TV, and so on.

That does NOT mean, family, that for Christmas I want five plug-in air fresheners and a book on 'how to sweep'

You fuckers can pick that shit out of the trashcan, which is kept OUTSIDE. Hope you assholes kept your receipts.

Comment

A group of us should spend the holidays together. Really. I'm serious.

Comment

Salted Grump, what the heck is the matter with your family? Hope I'm not out of line here, but man...they sound like a miserable bunch. Is it that hard for them to be nice, at least for Christmas? I remember what you said about your birthday, too. I don't get it.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I agree with MoonCat.
                              Here: I have some Ferrero Rond Noir. Unfortunately all I have alcohol wise is Aftershock.
                              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                              X