This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book quest/search

So TTO is looking for a specific book: it's by a female author, the genre is Sci Fi, and centres around the protganist discovering alien vegetation on one of Saturn's moons, and coming back to finding it taking over the earth...
    The report button - not just for decoration

My BF is pretty sure he owns that one, he just can't remember what it's called right now. Or the author.

If no one else recalls it, he can check his shelves on Tuesday.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Would seriously appreciate it I might be able to extort...er...persuade some shoes from TTO in exchange for the info

Comment

Gonna post some possibilities I found using my google fu.

http://www.amazon.com/Evolutions-Sho.../dp/0553374354
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

[threadjack]

I'm also trying to remember the title of a book... Science-fiction, possibly 70's or 80's, about an expedition sent to investigate a giant empty alien ship floating towards Earth. I think the title of the book is the name given to the ship, if that helps.

[/threadjack]
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
            [threadjack][/threadjack]
            Rendezvous with Rama - Arthur C. Clarke?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post

I was thinking that one also but I couldn't remember the US name for it, it's known as Chaga on this side of the pond.
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

Only problem is I think it is a guy who wrote it. Can't seem to find any book, written by a female, even close to the description.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

This thread has inspired me to go looking for a few of the books I loved back in middle school that I haven't seen in a while. I've managed to find two of them so far- Time Windows and The Fairy Rebel (the latter of which I found only because I remembered a very specific line from the book).

There's one that I'm having trouble finding, though. I do not remember what it's called, though I'm pretty sure it was a new spin on the 'mermaid turned human' story. The main character was a girl (I *think* her name was Lorelei or Loralai or something like that, but I'm not sure) whose hair was 'like sea foam'.
                  Last edited by firecat88; 12-18-2011, 08:30 PM.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post

You are INCREDIBLE. TTO says that's exactly it. Now he's bummed because it's not available on Kindle

But seriously, your google fu is insane.

Comment

Oh, threw me off cause Ian is a guy. Ok now to see what else I can find for those looking.

Edit : Ok..not having ANY luck with the mermaid book. Are there any other details you might remember?
                      Last edited by Mytical; 12-18-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        Edit : Ok..not having ANY luck with the mermaid book. Are there any other details you might remember?
                        Still wracking my brain over it. I seem to remember that Lorelei lived in a little house by the sea with her grandmother, and the grandmother would always tell her stories and seemed to know something different about Lorelei.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Rendezvous with Rama - Arthur C. Clarke?
                          Thank you! For the life of me I could not remember the title.
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                          X