This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A laugh for my three day weekend...

So yesterday I only had a four and a half hour shift from 9am to 1:30 (awesome!) and I have today, tomorrow, and Sunday off(I requested these for a couple of family things). Well just before my shift ended yesterday, I'm working a speedy register and kind of keeping an eye on the line and the time so I can shut down and clock out. Up comes two ladies, each with their own carts of stuff, talking. I look in the first cart and see she has more that 20 items. Kind of annoying but not really a big deal, but this made me decide to turn my light off so that hopefully my line wouldn't grow. Well after I leaned over to look at her cart, which she had about half her items on the counter, all of a sudden she goes off on me!

SC: "Would you like me to go somewhere else? I'll leave if I'm not welcome here, I don't need your attitude!"

My eyes grow wide and I start trying to explain that she's welcome of course, but she keeps going off and it was all I could do not to laugh a little because I'm sure that would have pissed her off even more. I just stood there with my hands open kind of like "Huh??? Okay whatever."

So her friend comes up and asks if I'm still open and I said "Of course, I just thought you were with her." She says quietly "Well we're together but separate." So I proceed to ring her up, place my 'Lane Closed' sign at the end of her stuff, and I even helped one more customer who just had a box of crackers. I was pleasant, the friend of the SC was pleasant, the last customer was pleasant, and I went on my merry way.

I hope the friend chewed the SC out, but whatever. I'm going to have a fabulous weekend and the SC is going to whine and complain to everyone she knows about my "attitude." Who wins? Me

Side note: I have recently been making it a habit to keep my eyes open a bit wider than usual, precisely so that I don't show my annoyance in my facial expression. Apparently this doesn't always work, because one of the things this SC said was that I rolled my eyes at her. I don't recall doing that, but maybe...either way it was just more funny than anything else, at least to me.
    Last edited by MelindaJoy77; 09-12-2014, 01:26 PM.
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
    SC: "Would you like me to go somewhere else? I'll leave if I'm not welcome here, I don't need your attitude!"
    Ah. She used the old ploy of a putting the other person on the defensive in order to get what she wanted.

She knew she was in the wrong and saw that you noticed she was in the wrong, so she acted offended and insulted in the hope that you would "back down" and be apologetic and complacent with her wrong doing.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Wow, that's infuriating! I really really hate it when customers accuse you of having attitude when really, it's their own insecurities and their own way of perceiving things that causes the problem. Some people think they're victims all the time and always get overly defensive.

I also hate the ones who come up to the register itching for a fight from the get-go, and they can get really nasty. You try your best to help them and they turn around and tell you that you're the one with the attitude problem...

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
        I also hate the ones who come up to the register itching for a fight from the get-go, and they can get really nasty. You try your best to help them and they turn around and tell you that you're the one with the attitude problem...
        Those dudes who bitch because you didn't bag their milk...

Comment

Arg. I hate when people are like that. I mean, how horrible must their lives be? Always mad, and making others miserable.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

There was an SC like that on the self checkouts the other day, as I was told. She acted all defensive about bringing her piled high trolley to the self checkout, only to be deflated when the cashier working on self checkout told her sweetly that of course she could bring a trolley there.

Fact is, having a trolley at self checkout only punishes the SC due to there being zero places to put filled bags; if you put a filled bag back in the trolley or on the floor, the self checkout goes funny; the bags have to be in the (tiny) bagging area. So basically, since the cashier had to run over to Trolley Woman's till every thirty seconds to fix it, it took about, ooh, five times as long as if Trolley Woman had had the common sense to go on a regular checkout. You see, you are allowed to bring a trolley into self checkout; it just makes far more sense if you don't, cuz the only person who suffers from that decision is YOU.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
            X