This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugs

Like many stores, we have things like blankets, pillows and even rugs for sale!
    Awesome, right?

Well, it stops being awesome when your manager and another employee go to sort out rugs for a clearance sale when suddenly they are hit by this somewhat familiar smell... Then they notice that the rugs are wet and the tags have this yellow mark on them. The best part is the realization that a customer had pissed on these rugs. Yeah, like actual urine on rugs.
    So they damage out these rugs($150+) and they finish up with the rugs.

A couple of weeks later, we're doing the same thing, only to find the same thing has happened once again.
    Is this a common thing or what?

It may be time to have someone sit down with your security camera footage and pay close attention to any customers -- especially regulars -- who were hanging out near the rugs for extended lengths of time.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Insert Big Lebowski joke here.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        It may be time to have someone sit down with your security camera footage and pay close attention to any customers -- especially regulars -- who were hanging out near the rugs for extended lengths of time.
        The problem is that we don't have cameras over or even near that spot.
        There's seriously like a three aisle no man's land that is always being stolen from or being vandalized.

The footage is constantly being watched anyway because we catch at least three shoplifters a week.

Comment

Oh my God *facepalm*

Comment

In that case, any chance the bosses will listen to employee recommendations to point some freakin' cameras into these high-shrink areas? o_O I know that that depends entirely on the boss' attitudes, and, if not, you have my sympathies -- if they wont' listen, there's nothing you can do about it, and it's on them, not you. IMHO, I'd say that it's likely that the local crooks have figured out that this section is unobserved.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Costs

How much would the extra cameras cost?

How much has the stolen goods and damages cost for the past year?

If the second number is more than twice the first number you have fools for management if they don't put in cameras.

Comment

Well, I told her today that I won't be going into that aisle to stock rugs anymore. I don't get paid enough.

The store is a decent sized store but we don't have enough cameras to cover the whole store. If we don't point them on the main aisle and the toy aisle, we'll lose even more.
                Yeah, the town is so small that everyone comes into our store and knows it fairly well so everyone knows where the cameras are.
                The problem, Earl, is that our franchise is big enough where you have to go through seven layers of management just to be allowed to place a stack-out. They'd rather blame employees for shrink rather than fix the problem all together.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  Insert Big Lebowski joke here.
                  "It really held the room together, man."

Comment

I'm really proud of myself. I read about a customer peeing on rugs and not once did I write, "That really pisses me off."

St!
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I just...don't understand the appeal of public peeing.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That makes no sense

Quoth SuckMyFuxkCustomers View Post
                        They'd rather blame employees for shrink rather than fix the problem all together.
                        That makes no sense, whether you blame the employees or the customers the losses will continue. If the cameras are put in you can find out who is really causing the damage and stop them. Just blaming people without doing anything is a waste of breath.

Your management is composed of lazy idiots.

Comment

This is 100% normal at many corporations (GameStore was bad about this). They start off by assuming that most shrink (theft) is internal (read: employees stealing), whether there is evidence of this or not, and just go from there. Even when this is not the case, they choose to decide that ALL shoplifting is preventable simply by having employees be more vigilant, intimidating all of the potential thieves by their mere watchful presence...which is kind of hard when stores routinely don't even get enough payroll hours to cover much of their own store adequately just for customer service purposes.
                          Last edited by EricKei; 09-13-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Ew... just, NO. You can even teach a dog to not pee on things.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              That makes no sense, whether you blame the employees or the customers the losses will continue. If the cameras are put in you can find out who is really causing the damage and stop them. Just blaming people without doing anything is a waste of breath.

Your management is composed of lazy idiots.
                              Eric summed it up perfectly.
                              They expect us to watch 100% of the store while doing the other tasks assigned to us.
                              When it's 9:48 at night, I'm juggling closing duties and customers and my asst. manager is counting cigarettes/ recovering store, it's really hard to survey the store looking for jackasses.

We actually had a regular SC come back to us today, don't really wanna make a whole new thread for this one.

We'll call her Brittany and we'll say she's in her early twenties.
                              Well, we had to call the police on her a couple weeks back when we caught her shoplifting. They come in, arrest her and while she's being cuffed she says the the officer, "Really? Y'all cuffed me in the back last time!" Worst part is, she had her kid with her.
                              Two weeks later she comes back in. When you've been arrested at our store, you're no longer welcome in our store, or any other store that belongs to the company. Boss lady tells her this and she gets snippy and said that she didn't know. "Too bad!" Boss lady says and Brittany says, "You mean that I can't even buy fucking diapers!?" and then proceeds to throw the diapers at boss lady and runs from the store.
                              Her husband, who was in the car, told us where they lived and even gave us her personal phone number.

Tl;Dr: Brittany steals from us, comes in at a later time and then throws diapers at boss lady when told to get out.

Comment

Working...
                              X