This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My levitation powers weren't working.

So, I recycle things. In Portland, Oregon. Which means, we here in the Pacific Northwest part of the USA know that it rains a lot. Nothing we can do it about it, it just rains. Which means we have to walk over wet ground.

Which means that the wheels on the bins I transport will also get wet.

[rant]

Which means I get to look at you with hatred, contempt, disdain and a total sense of awe at your level of douchebaggery when you complain that we're tracking a few drops of water on the carpet of your office to get to those recycling bins that you thought were such permanent fixtures that I can't move them from the space you've hidden it in this week...

I've had a couple of people complain we were ruining, tampering with, damaging and even "destroying" carpet floors in offices when we went into get their bins, which were overflowing to the point that they called to complain to us. They complained that THEY made so much junk needed to be picked up, and then bitch at us when the brand new carpets (read: the same ones that have been in there for 20 years) get a little water on them. First of all, how is carpet floor in an office space some sort of pristine sacred burial site that I, a petty mortal, and my wheeling bin are unable to dirty with the water dripping from our filthy frames because of rain? And secondly, did you notice the amount of food stains, mud stains, wear and tear and general use this carpet has had? All of a sudden, my minimum-wage-earning body will suddenly make the carpet catch on fire or open a pit to Hell in the floor something? My sincerest apologies, let me just make this bin, which already weighs about 400 pounds from all the other offices' crap I've had to throw in there, levitate off the ground and drag a rubber sheet underneath it. God forbid I do anything to offend somebody who makes a little more money than me, right?

Let's see you walk through the rain without getting wet, Ms. Perfect. Stuck-up, self-righteous b*tch.

[/rant]

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Lyger; 07-11-2007, 02:53 PM.
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

I guess no one in that offices comes in with wet shoes, or wet coats, or an umbrella..... gasp! That's why offices shouldn't have carpeted floors.... they just get stuff spilled on them, mud, rain, etc...etc.... and they NEVER seem to get replaced ever - it's just plain gross. If you really want some "cushion" for your feet, lay out a few rugs that can be easily replaced or cleaned.... just my opinion

Comment

The primary reason most offices are carpeted is not for comfort, it's for sound dampening, and a few throw rugs would not accomplish the same effect.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
        I guess no one in that offices comes in with wet shoes, or wet coats, or an umbrella..... gasp!

They walk in between the raindrops. If I ever have my own business I'm going with wooden floors, anyone who wants a rug can bring it one in for their personal space as long as it doesn't have a picture of some pink unicorns or something. You'll find me pretty easily, I'll be the one either in those little roller shoes or in pink bunny slippers.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

My mother was something of a home rennovation dervish. Every few years we would move into a new house. She had an eye for nice houses ingoods neighborhoods that were undervalued because the interior decor was crap. We'd move in, she'd completely remake the place, then move on. She seriously should have done it for a living because she had a gift.

Well, she hated carpets. They disgusted her because of all she had seen tearing them up, cleaning them, etc. It's just not possible to really clean a carpet, so once that crap gets in there, it's there forever. I've got some horror stories of some of the horrible, horrible carpets I've had to rip out of houses she's started surgery on (It was always her first step, all carpets must GO)

Ever seen carpetting from a house that's had a smoker living in it? Even YEARS later? Even a moderate smoker, 1 or 2 packs a day, indoors with the windows open. Every damn cigarette is in there.

Carpets are rancid things.
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
          X