This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Stupidity

Hey folks, been a while since I made a thread here. Well, Ive got some nice new stories for you :-)

Gift Vouchers

SC - Sucky woman
    Me - Yours truly

So this rather well to do looking woman comes up to me at the customer services desk.

Me - Can I help you?
    SC - Hi. A few months ago you had a gift voucher promotion.
    Me - Thats correct, yes.
    SC - Well, I bought a voucher for £10, spent some other stuff and got a £5 voucher.
    Me - Thats right, spend over £50 and you would get a £5 gift voucher.
    SC - Well, I gave that voucher away as part of a wedding gift. And my friends went to use it a couple of weeks ago and it had expired.
    Me- That sounds about right. All promotional vouchers from that time expired on the 14th of May.
    SC - But the one I purchased hadn't expired. So why did the other one?
    Me - The gift vouchers people purchase have an expiry date three years from date of purchase. Promotional gift vouchers have an expiry date dictated by the promotion they were issued under, usually ranging from 2-6 months or so.
    SC - I wasnt told that!
    Me - Well, we do tend to tell people when they expire as a courtesy, but it was stated on all promotional literature as well as being printed on the back of the voucher itself.
    SC - But what good is an expiry date a few months after purchase? Shouldnt it be at least a year? Whats the point of that!?
    Me - The point is to get people to spend money when the new catalogue comes out, or to spend money when we have big sales on.
    SC - That doesn't change the fact I wasnt told about it. So I want to know whats going to be done.
    Me - Um, Im not sure I follow you.
    SC - I was issued a voucher without being told that it expired in a few months time.
    Me - Uhhh...and?
    SC - Well I want to know whats going to be done about it.
    Me - Well, nothing can be done about it. You got issued a voucher, the people you gave it to didn't use it in time, and now its expired.
    SC - But I wasnt told about the expiry date!
    Me - We dont have to. We tell people at the till as a courtesy. It is stated on all the promotional literature as well as on the back of the voucher.
    SC - So you arent going to do anything for me then?
    Me - Well, no. Theres nothing to do.
    SC - Fine, Ill be phoning head office to complain then. *storms out*

Captain Idiot

This one has become a legend around my place of work. Basically, this guy comes in looking like total trash (think Onslow from Keeping Up Appearences). He has his son with him, looking equally as gormless. They have a Playstation 3. They want to return it. My manager is dealing with them, and as Im considered to be the technical expert I wandered over to see if I could help.

H - My Manager
    SC - Our Onslow lookalike
    GK - Gormless Kid
    Me - Duh

H - So its not playing any games?
    SC - Nah.
    Me - Hey, whats up with the PS3?
    H - The gentleman here says its not playing any games.
    Me - Ok, we need to be a tad more specific. *Turns to Onslow* Does it boot up at all?
    SC - Oh I dunno, far too technical for me.
    Me - *blinks* You know, boots up? Does it switch on, and does anything appear on the TV?
    SC - I dunno about these things, far too complicated, you'll have to ask me son.
    Me - *Resisting the urge to beat him to death* Ok. *turns to son* Does anything come up on the screen?
    GK - Uhhh...I dunno. Just goes black.
    Me - It goes black? Do any logos appear?
    GK - Yeah, then it goes black...it doesnt switch on.
    Me - *The logos appear, but it doesnt switch on? Hmmm* Hmm, ok...
    H - Well, it switches on ok. So what was it you wanted to do?
    SC - I want me money back.

At this point I had to wander back into the stockroom to help out there. I came back five minutes later to find my manager and the man arguing.

SC - This is rediculous! Its a £425 console and it doesnt do what I want it to! I want to bring it back under your 30 day money back guarantee!
    H - You cant, as its exempt from the guarantee as stated in the catalogue and on your receipt. In addition, you have unsealed and opened all the packaging and used the console, so it wouldnt be eligible anyway. As it works fine, theres no reason for us to give you your money back.
    SC - Well Ill just have to toss it in the skip then!
    H - Well thats your console, so its up to you. But youd be better off selling it on ebay.

Anyway, the guy picks up the box, forgets how heavy it is and swings it around to walk out and nearly knocks his son clean out. They both storm out the door.
    I ask my manager whats happened, so she fills me in.
    The guy changed his story several times, one minute the games wouldnt play, then it would switch on, then it would freeze, blah blah blah. It eventually turns out that he wanted to bring it back because it wouldnt play any of his PS2 games. Which is normal, and was not a fault. So he spends the next minute screaming at H because he apparently has £1000 worth of PS2 games he cant play..

Honestly, people.

Oh, I forgot to mention. It didnt end there.
    We phoned up the nearby stores to warn them in case he tries to return it at their stores. Turns out he already went to the one in the town centre and was refused a refund. His reason for bringing it back? He didnt have a computer.
    Last edited by Lord Ludicrous; 07-11-2007, 08:20 PM.

I was under the impression that you could play PS2 games in the PS3. I have never tried to play any in mine though, so I dont know for sure.

Comment

With an american or japanese PS3 you are quite correct. However, Sony shafted Europe (as usual) by removing the PS2 hardware from inside the console, relying on software emulation. So its now like the 360's backwards compatibility - crap. Of course, a lot of titles work, but most of them dont work that well.

Comment

Quoth Lord Ludicrous View Post
        With an american or japanese PS3 you are quite correct. However, Sony shafted Europe (as usual) by removing the PS2 hardware from inside the console, relying on software emulation. So its now like the 360's backwards compatibility - crap. Of course, a lot of titles work, but most of them dont work that well.
        Exactly the reason why I won't be getting one.
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

Well, almost.

The hardware emulation wasn't perfect, either. Supposedly, with software emulation, they can release updates to include more games and get better, but I'm not holding my breath.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, the Australian version doesn't have the PS2 hardwear either so I'm not getting one, I love my SingStar and Star Wars Lego too much! PLus we recent bought a new PS2 since the old one started to die. It had a good life, it was 7 years old! I love my new PS2, so small!

Comment

Basically, this guy comes in looking like total trash (think Onslow from Keeping Up Appearences).
              Now, see, I always liked Onslow! I thought he was cute. I particularly loved the one where he was sitting there surrounded by no beer!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Onslow is funny! I haven't seen Keeping Up Appearances in a while. I used to catch it on PBS sometimes, and then of course, when I had Dish Network, I had BBC America, and they showed it there most every day.
                The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Oh I agree, Onslow is hilarious
                  This guy however was like evil Onslow, the appearence without the humor ¬_¬

Comment

Now I know

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Now, see, I always liked Onslow! I thought he was cute. I particularly loved the one where he was sitting there surrounded by no beer!
                    I know you are lying, Onslow can not exist if he is not in the presence of beer!

What I find funny is he would not had married his wife if he had known which soccer team she supported!

Comment

Working...
                    X