Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god....oh no......I know why it doesn't work......

I played a part in making it for you. I'm so sorry.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      I played a part in making it for you. I'm so sorry.
      The Seagate HD? o_0 It's not big deal at all. That's the first one that's ever messed up on me. *shrugs* Such is life.

Comment

258$ for a HD and a recovery disk?

TB drives are $100 even online..???
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

If you don't mind Linux you can install the OS for free. A HDD, even a very huge one, is very cheap, and all HDD's are interchangeable.

With Windows you're going to need a product key. If you still have the product key, and usually it is somewhere in or on the case, you can just reinstall the OS using that product key to activate.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...al-Hard-Drives

The only question is what size is the drive. 2.5" or 3.5". Once you know the size of the drive just buy another drive of the same type, plug it in the place of the failed drive, and you're good to go.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's an issue after the motherboard has been populated and done by the customer, but if it's an issue with the plain old motherboard, I did it.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              -an issue with the plain old motherboard, I did it.
              Not at all =) Free of guilt, are you.

258$ for a HD and a recovery disk?

TB drives are $100 even online..???
              Amazon and Ebay are strange and amazing places, when given enough time and effort in searching =p

Comment

HP tried to charge you $200 for a 100gb...?

Come on, we have 100gb SSDs for $280! I haven't been too fond of HP lately (laptop issues where the BIOS update they provided killed my laptop, I already wasn't happy at the overheating issues, and I hate that I can't get Linux to work on my desktop), but this is shit flavored icing on the arsenic cake.
                Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
                  HP tried to charge you $200 for a 100gb...?
                  Honestly, it's always higher buying from HP sales people, and if you go on their websites, you usually get a better deal. EVEN better are Radio Shack (mine nearby has lots of good scrapped parts) and the obvious internet choices.

It's just the first time I'd had a problem with them, but then again I'm one of those people who make my own back-ups and add fans at every opportunity =p

Comment

I'm the same way, when my laptop keyboard died, I bought the part and put it in myself after being irritated to hell by trying to use a keyboard on top of it. I just haven't been hearing good news about HP from anyone lately (except my ex boyfriend who will swear by HP no matter what I tell him, like the class action lawsuit regarding overheating issues that they only made the effort to fix on nVidia boards I believe, even though it was present on ATI based systems too).
                    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Working...
                    X