X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    Yes.

(Wheres McGoddess when you need her?)
    Right hurr. She's been helping entitled people move in and shocking parents with a cattleprod.

The McDouble is just like a Double Cheeseburger, just one less piece of cheese. This was a way to cover the food cost of cheese.

For whoever said that they don't like the onion bits they have on there, when you order, ask for slivered onions instead of dehydrated onions.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Interestingly, Hesburger sell a double cheeseburger but it isn't on the menu. I think it occasionally shows up on the advert boards, though. Still, at any time I can ask for "tupla-juusto iso-ateria" (that's "double cheeseburger large meal") and they know what to make and they have a price for it - it probably won't be ready in 5 seconds, but within 5 minutes.

As an aside, prices for fast food over here are generally higher than in Yank-land. Part of this is influenced by the lunch vouchers often used as perks by employers. Because you can't get change for a lunch voucher, there isn't much price competition below the value of the voucher, and there's only so much you eat in one sitting during a lunch-break. So for an €8 voucher I can get a footlong with an extra topping, or two small single-cheeseburger meals with an additional voucher, or an actual sit-down meal from a lunch restaurant. Or, in a pinch, I could feed myself for a week for the same money in a supermarket.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        From articles I've read, the McDouble is almost a lost liter for McD's.
        Quoth Seshat View Post
        loss leader.
        That was making me giggle. I just want to know what it was a liter of and where did they last see it?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          Interestingly, Hesburger sell a double cheeseburger but it isn't on the menu. I think it occasionally shows up on the advert boards, though. Still, at any time I can ask for "tupla-juusto iso-ateria" (that's "double cheeseburger large meal")
          You can get a double cheeseburger pretty much anywhere. My store doesnt sell them, technically, but I can add as many patties to a burger as you'd like. We have register buttons. Some people just get meat for their animal.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            loss leader.

Basically, they make a loss on the product to encourage customers to buy high-profit items with it.
            Exactly. Drinks are usually the profit-makers at any store -- Those $1 large drinks that seem like such a deal? Net cost, variable by area, of course, is generally around (cost of cup) + (cost of straw) + 6~9 cents, labor included, assuming a normal amount of ice.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
              For whoever said that they don't like the onion bits they have on there, when you order, ask for slivered onions instead of dehydrated onions.
              Thank you. Although when I remember to, I just ask for without onions. Then I don't have to worry about whether I'll like them or not lol.

I know when I went to a certain drive-in restaurant place, I got their chili cheeseburger and I actually got sick--I think in part because there was like half an onion or more on it! In little cut-up pieces...it was quite gross.
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
              X