This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting via my mom: "helpful" SC at Walmart

So my mom went to Walmart, which in itself tries her patience, and to her assessment she was "being good." She was in looking for a filtrete water system when she spied a salesfloor lady. They met up a few feet from an endcap with Brita filters on it. Mom asked where the filtrete would be & salesgirl looked a bit stumped, didn't recognize the brand at first. Mom was in the middle of saying it was similar to the Brita system when some customer walked by and interjected that the Brita filters were right there. Salesfloor girl decides to ignore the ignorant remark and points out to my mom that the filters she wants would be on yonder aisle up a ways. Nosy SC jumps in again with, "No, they're over here," or some such comment. So salesgirl tells her, no, that's not what this lady wants. I think she had to tell the SC like three times before she butt out. Seriously, lady, no one asked for your help. So move on.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 09-03-2010, 06:39 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I say if she's going to be "helpful" like that, she's fair game to have random people walk up to her and ask her where other things are in the store.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I see you've met my mother-in-law. Sorry.

Did the 'helpful' customer get offended and flounce off in a snit when her 'help' wasn't appreciated? Or did she grab a Brita box and shove it at you insisting that this was what you were looking for, see???? Mums does things like that ALL the time.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I hate this so much. Or when they decide that while you and hubby discuss where an item would be, they interrupt you, get between you and hubbs, and try to point him in an opposite direction for a different item than desired. When you try to get them to leave, they turn to you and go "Excuse me, I am helping this nice [read: I am attracted to] young man out here, go away."
        "Umm lady, that's my husband, so no, I won't go away."
        Stupid people....
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
        X