Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't got my coupon so give me the discount anyway!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't got my coupon so give me the discount anyway!

At the moment, there's these coupons running where you spend between £10 and £30 on certain items, hand the coupon to the cashier and get a coupon for the petrol station which will grant you between 10p and 15p off per litre of fuel depending on which coupon you got (ie the "spend £10 one will net you the 10p off per litre coupon). It's a good deal, but sadly it produces several SCs.

This particular SC forgot to bring her coupon with her. She demanded that I give her the discount anyway; strange to say, I refused. The SC got angry.

"I'm not a liar!" she screeched. "I have to use the coupon today or it goes out of date!"

I gamely carried on trying to get it thru her thick, sawdust stuffed skull that I could not give her the discount cuz a) there is no way to get it into the till without the coupon and b) I need the actual, physical coupon cuz otherwise my till would be out and c) without the coupon, we wouldn't be able to claim the money back. To no avail. Eventually, after my colleague weighed in and pointed out that there was nothing either of us could do about the fact that she didn't have her coupon, but if she liked, she could come back the next day and speak to the manager, she finally agreed to pay for her fuel.

Note: Luckily, it was my day off when the SC came back to demand her discount. Did she get it? Nope. Oh, and she was a liar; the coupon was over a week out of date.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Customer Standard Time. "So, Sept 7 is just like August 31, right? RIGHT??"
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Customer Standard Time. "So, Sept 7 is just like August 31, right? RIGHT??"
      Don't know, but I am familiar with Programmer Standard Time - OCT 31 is the same as DEC 25.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Don't know, but I am familiar with Programmer Standard Time - OCT 31 is the same as DEC 25.
        Yeah. They even made a movie about that.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That why

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

"I'm not a liar!" she screeched. "I have to use the coupon today or it goes out of date!"

Note: Luckily, it was my day off when the SC came back to demand her discount. Did she get it? Nope. Oh, and she was a liar; the coupon was over a week out of date.
          The more they yell, the more you should stick to the rules and CYA.

If you could have given her the discount you would have been in trouble even if she bothered to bring in the coupon.

Since she already got the discount she probably would not have done so.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Yeah. They even made a movie about that.
            What movie was that? I'd like to see it.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              What movie was that? I'd like to see it.
              I figured someone would ask. It will be 21 years old this coming Halloween.

The Nightmare Before Christmas.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X