This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I *like* my name!

This was weird. I had these two ladies in my window and they were acting a little odd-not drunk just odd and stupid of course :P I don't want to start a race debate but it was certainly strange.

SC: *looks at my name tag and turns to daughter* I was going to name you that cuz you were born on Valentine's day!

Not sure what my name has to do with V-day...

Then she gets a disgusted look on her face and says in the most hateful voice I've ever heard.

SC: But I didn't because that's a WHITE person's name! And we are blankity blank!

Me:

I don't know why my name was classified as having a color but okay... I just kind of looked at her and they both left laughing their asses off at my name.

The kicker? The daughter's name was Rebecca... Just as "white" as mine, right?? I don't really get why they had to tell me that. Her daughter doesn't deserve my name--cuz its too awesome for her!

Quoth Anakah View Post
    The kicker? The daughter's name was Rebecca...
    Well, maybe the daughter's name was Rebekah - which is in the Hebrew Bible as the wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau?
    Last edited by EricKei; 09-08-2014, 01:03 PM. Reason: we just read it, no need to quote the whole thing

Comment

That is just...weird. Wow.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        The kicker? The daughter's name was Rebecca... Just as "white" as mine, right?? I don't really get why they had to tell me that. Her daughter doesn't deserve my name--cuz its too awesome for her!
        "Rebecca" is too awesome for her, too. Pretty much any name, including Hildegarde, Gertrude and Prudence is too awesome for her. She'll have to come up with a new name...how about Bitchtilda Scumella?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          "Rebecca" is too awesome for her, too. Pretty much any name, including Hildegarde, Gertrude and Prudence is too awesome for her. She'll have to come up with a new name...how about Bitchtilda Scumella?
          I think that one's taken by the twit next door to me.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had this woman who as very unhappy with her claim, who when I told her my name is 'Tim' said "Thats a terrible name, no wonder you give bad service". I asked her not to get personal and she said "But it is a terrible name, you sound like a *unintelligable*".

I told her 'I will pass that feedback on to my parents'
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X