This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 going on 6

Our latest round of customer service surveys is in, and the results are bad. We use Net Promoter, which means negative scores hurt our scores more than good scores help. It's basically "dissatisfied customers tell X more people about their experience than satisfied ones do" turned into a computer algorithm.

We only have one negative experience mentioned on the report, and it's from a 56-year old (how do I know? It's mentioned 3 times in the comments) woman (how do I know? She mentions buying feminine hygiene products) complaining that she was carded when trying to buy a copy of the movie It's Complicated.

OMG! This was ridiculous. This was ludicrous. This was unbelievable. This was totally unnecessary.

As for her being carded--this is a company policy, probably required by no law but implemented to give off the impression of being family-friendly. I don't know if it's universally enforced. My guess is this woman was checked out by a newer cashier who was told she had to card anybody and everybody buying age-restricted media (movies and video games with certain ratings, music with parental advisory labels).

In one of her three comments blasting her experience, the woman said she'd be back to return the movie and would then go someplace else to purchase it. Uh-uh. Movies are exchange only. Also she could get carded at the other place if they have a policy similar to ours.

Lastly, she claimed she doesn't look a day under 50. So why not take being carded as a compliment? I am no longer being consistently carded when I buy alcohol; this is quite disturbing to me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

My condolences to the cashier who had to put up with her.

I never understood why some people find showing ID to be such a huge inconvenience. It's usually in the same place as their purchase method, and it takes upwards of 5 seconds to produce.

It is, at worst, a little bit annoying, especially if you're at a restaurant and it's deep in your pockets while your sitting... but not nearly annoying enough to make a big deal of it in a friggen survey.

EDIT: It just occurred to me... how the hell do feminine hygine products play a role in this?
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

The complainer mentioned she purchased those items along with the movie that triggered the complaint.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

She'd probably be just as snarky if she was asked if she qualifies for a senior discount.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          ... woman (how do I know? She mentions buying feminine hygiene products) ...[/I]
          Quoth thehuckster View Post
          It just occurred to me... how the hell do feminine hygine products play a role in this?
          It's elementary. IPF has been watching Sherlock Holmes movies, or reading the books.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            The complainer mentioned she purchased those items along with the movie that triggered the complaint.
            This only raises more questions. Why does the SC feel the need to mention that in her survey?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh woe is me! Jesus lady, grow some bloody balls. You got carded BIG DEAL

Comment

...hence the name of the feminine hygiene product; "Its Complicated".

Comment

You'd be surprised how many people actually don't have their ID with them. The scary thing is that a lot of them say they left it in their car, and I also get a lot of people who accidentally leave their money and/or debit cards in their car. My store isn't exactly in a great part of town, I'm surprised we don't have more cars broken into!

As for the movie...I never card for movies. Just alcohol and smokes, since I could get fired if I don't, which is a whole other story...
                  Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

At the tax office, we have to card for everything except junk food and fliers. Returns, checks and anything with a custy's name, no ID, sorry. It scares me how many can't seem to get that into their heads.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I actually get annoyed when I *don't* get carded. Mainly because I have "Please see identification" in big letters on the back of every single credit card in my wallet (and a tiny signature, since the cards always say "Not valid unless signed", and the companies can and will use that against you if your card is stolen)
                      "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

The other day I went to a game store to trade in a game I wasn't going to finish and purchase a new one. NewGame happened to be an age restricted game. Funny thing was I had to show ID for the trade in, but not for buying an M rated game. I did joke with the cashier that I wouldn't be offended if he thought I was underage and needed to see the ID for age verification. I'm aware I look younger than I am.
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                        X