This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Fudgethatkay View Post
    If Mr. Discount makes so much...why does he need a discount?
    I wondered the same thing.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm on my 5th iPhone launch, and it happens every year, they make the announcement, and that day people come in asking to get the phone (that was the announcement you idiot), ask for the price (we don't know until a few days before, although this year they jumped on that quickly), or if we'll hold it for them (nope. We have plenty of people who are happy to line up). so if you want a phone now, I'll sell you a Samsung or BlackBerry.

Comment

I read in the paper that people are actually queueing up outside the Apple store and have been there for a week. O_o Um, it's just a phone.

This reminds me about the whole Wii launch; a mate of mine got a black eye cuz he dared buy the last Wii at that particular store and a woman tried to snatch it off him. Security took care of her. XD I mean, seriously? That item you want, whether it's a phone or console, is still going to exist after launch week. You don't have to have it right now.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I hear an incoming of "YOU'VE RUINED MY SON/DAUGHTER/COUSIN/FRIEND/FRIEND-WITH-BENEFITS/________'S BIRTHDAY/CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY OF YOUR CHOICE!!!!"

get the popcorn ready. i'm bringing the Kailua and vodka.
          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            I read in the paper that people are actually queueing up outside the Apple store and have been there for a week. O_o Um, it's just a phone.
            I don't know about anywhere else, but I live in a pretty major city, and had to go to the Apple Store yesterday with a repair issue for my laptop and the store was pretty slow. It was busier than normal for 10AM on a Friday morning, but still more staff than customers.

As for upgrades I have a 5c, as does one of my sons. Out of curiosity, I checked my account yesterday and my other son, the one with a 4s, is eligible for an upgrade now. I'm still not going to spend the money though. Maybe they'll come out with a 6c, or something similar to reduce the cost a bit, and then I'd be more likely to upgrade his phone.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Was getting an upgrade for my phone from Verizon yesterday, and it seriously makes you wonder. While dealing kindly with the lady helping me, I heard two people practically demanding to know why it is that they do not have a display of the new IPhones out for people to see and look at, and then getting upset when told that they were too new to have a display model out at the stores yet.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                So you make $100 000+ a year, and? You want a DISCOUNT?

Wait... what?! The gall!!!

Either he's a liar... or really does have a bare-faced cheek and expects a discount for no reason even though he's rich.
                He's not rich. He doesn't make near enough to be classified as rich. He's middle class. He's just an asshole middle class.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I absolutely do not get this. And I love my Apple products. I have never and will never stand in line for a phone.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Ah the crux as to why I got so stressed out at my last job.

Apple.

Yes, I'm sure their products are very nice but pretty much guaranteed that the entitled SCs were always ones that had one of Apple's product range (present company definitely excepted). Has put me off their products for life.

Besides, I don't get this demand for upgrading as soon as the new product hits the market. I'm quite happy with my Samsung Galaxy S4 which I had in January. The S5 came out a little while ago and I'm sure the S6 will be out before I'm due to upgrade too. Do I care? I'm quite techy but I was actually happy with my S2 and I only upgraded from that because the camera was faulty.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I mentally changed this to "Bro, do you even commerce?" Just because I am very strange.
                    Yes IPF, yes you are.

As for me, I've decided to avoid Apple for my next phone. Why? Because I was so annoyed with the frequent upgrades locking me out of everything. >.<
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                      He's not rich. He doesn't make near enough to be classified as rich. He's middle class. He's just an asshole middle class.

I absolutely do not get this. And I love my Apple products. I have never and will never stand in line for a phone.
                      Oh... I guess it differs. In the UK, anyone on a six-digit salary is classified as rich.

Comment

I think its funny but if you ask any of my coworkers that fix idevices, myself included, which is the best iphone or ipad to get they will say Samsung every time. I can't imagine these new releases will be any different. And as for updates, that is just going to make our work even harder.

Comment

We had a particular famous person call in. Wanted to order the fight. Doesn't have the right packaging for it and sadly it can't be fixed considering it needed a tech out to set up.

Said 'star' hung up before we could even finish saying that we had no techs available.

I wanted to tell him 'Well, if you're such a damned hot shot and super famous, why the hell aren't you in a ringside seat?'

I hope my mouth-to-brain filter doesn't fail me one day and I find myself asking a person who is making statements about how much they make a year why the hell they're so past due in their bill that their account is disconnected. I'd get walked out so fast I'd be confused as to what happened. Its started to malfunction a little bit lately.
                          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
                            I think its funny but if you ask any of my coworkers that fix idevices, myself included, which is the best iphone or ipad to get they will say Samsung every time. I can't imagine these new releases will be any different. And as for updates, that is just going to make our work even harder.

I like my Apple devices. They have their issues, sure, but when it comes to managing multiple devices, managing my family's schedules, and various other reasons, having the iPhones, iPad and MacBook all talking to each other helps me out tremendously. I'm comfortable with the way they work, so I'll be keeping them, in spite of the occasional aggravation they present.
                            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I caught one of the competition's wonderfully sarcastic commercials today -- In essence, "congratulating" Apple for catching up to the larger screen size that [Competitor] was using two years ago. Was a nice touch, and hey, at least they have a sense of humor about it.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

People are so ridiculous. I want one. I go to my account and check when I am due for upgrade. I see it's December. I pout and close my browser, harassing no one in the process.

Clearly I'm doing it all wrong.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X