Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of the patters. Each pocket has a specific purpose and items that belong in it. Front left pocket gets the keyring that has house key, wifes car key and fob, office key, key to my parents front door, and the key to my office mailbox. Front right pocket gets the keyring that has my key chain containing: car key key, mailbox key for home, and keys to both my sheds: it also has my dip, and the pocket watch pocket will hold the cell phone if my shirt doesn't have a pocket. Back pocket holds wallet and occasionally checkbook.

I've forgotten my wallet before. Last time the wife and I were going out of town for the weekend. I had changed pants that morning and forgot to take my wallet out of the pants pocket. We were halfway to pismo when I realized that "Hey honey guess what.....I'm retarded". So she had to drive all weekend and pay with her cards for stuff (not that it matters, I just felt overly stupid for it).
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

It happens to everyone. I don't think that customer was sucky. They admitted it and that was the end of it.
      I also pat down my pockets to make sure I have my wallet, but I have forgotten it before. No one is perfect.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
        I've gotten in the habit of checking to make sure I have my wallet with my check card and maybe some money in it before I go to the counter with items I would like to purchase. I don't know what, if anything, must go through the minds of some of these people as they live day to day. How can you possibly wait until the end of the transaction to realize that you forgot your wallet, money, or whatever you plan to use to pay?
        I have a routine. Before I leave the house I make sure I have 4 things: wallet, phone, watch, & keys.

Shameless (the ex) was terrible. He never knew where anything was. Not even his shoes! It was a regular event to go hunt down his wallet, his keys, his shoes, his glasses, and his coat. How do you fail to find a full length leather trench coat.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Blisskat View Post
          I can understand that happening. Since my toddler has been able to walk, she's taken a fascination with mommy's purse, and will ransack it at every opportunity.
          A friend of mine was late for work once because her toddler had gitten hold of her car keys. After a good long search they were located in the washing machine.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

My wallet is attatched to my car keys so if I get somewhere without my wallet then probably all hope is lost.

I get this a lot at my store also but since we have accounts most of the time (not always) I can deter before ringing anything. Typical, generic convo:
            "I forgot my wallet so I don't have my (account) card can I just tell you who I am?"
            Me: "No. Did you bring ID?"
            "No... I left my wallet."
            Me: "Good thing I'm not a cop then, huh?"
            "Can't I just tell you my name?"
            Me: "No. I need card or ID."
            "But I forgot my wallet!"
            Me: "I have to have card or ID. May I ask how you'd be paying if you don't have your wallet?"
            "I found this $5 in my pants pocket after I left the house."

At some point they usually get irritated when they realize I'm not going to give them anything without that ID.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

I never forget my wallet. but I fairly often forget my glasses, keys, and cell phone.

Comment

Honey, I drove all the way to the store about 2 hours ago on my lunch hour and left my wallet on my fucking desk.

Fortunately, five good things happened:

1. I realized it before I went in and looked like a moron.
                2. I don't punch a timeclock.
                3. Everyone in my department was gone to lunch and nobody paying attention to anyone's comings and goings.
                4. The store was not far from my job.
                5. I finally found a bathing suit that flatters my girls enough that hopefully no one will be looking at my ass when I'm wearing it.

Still, it's 98 degrees in our very large parking lot. And gas ain't cheap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gravekeeper;146289]I always do the post departure self pat down too. QUOTE]

Spectacles, testicles, wallet, watch.

Comment

I think that's a slightly different patdown, there, RK.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That sort of happened to me once. I left my wallet in my car- BUT, it wasn't my fault. This idiot cut me off and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid meeting my maker a little earlier than planned. I didn't realize it, but I had forgotten to snap my purse shut and sure enough my wallet was sitting on the floor of the car, on the passenger side way way way under the dashboard.....

Comment

I once had a woman buy a painting, and then realised as she went to take it out to the car, that she had lost her keys. She wanted to set the painting down as it was large and akward so I held it for her until she found them.

I asked her if she had checked her handbag REALLY well and she gave me a "of course I have you idiot" look and then ran all over the mall to find them. She finally comes back 15 minutes later, bright red, all upset, tears running down her cheeks and I ask her again, just to humor me, empty your bag out onto my counter....

her freaking keys fell out of the freaking bag....

at least she was appropriately embarressed!
                        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          I think that's a slightly different patdown, there, RK.
                          You mean I'm doing it wrong...
                          Um..

>_>
                          <_<
                          I mean...LOOKSOMETHINGSHINY! *YOINK*
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Personally, I never forget my spectacles. But the other three...
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              >_>
                              <_<
                              I mean...LOOKSOMETHINGSHINY! *YOINK*
                              Oh, where? *turns to look*

*turns back* Heeey!

^-.-^

Comment

Wow good thing you jogged my memory that is such a stupid thing for people to do. Shouldn't you like check if you have money before you shop.
                                Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Working...
                                X