Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rude,annoying ignorant SC jokes, Please list them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth i4wolves View Post
    I know the feeling. I am so sick of that joke that finally I tell people who say that "If I can't ring it up then you can't have it." That usually shuts them up.

Now I have gotten into the habit of looking at my watch and telling them point blank that special ended 2 minutes ago. Sorry you missed it!!

They usually laugh at that one but some just look like

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      The one I get all the time on graveyard that peeves me off to no end is "Oh, did I wake you up? haha!"
      OOOOH that one used to bug me to no end.
      Then there was the time (on graveyard shift) where I came out of the office where I was doing paperwork, the customer says, "no rest for the wicked, eh?". I don't remember my response, but he's been nice to me ever since.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        And then sometimes I am feeling just fine but there's no one around and I'm just going about my day, sorting paperwork or whatever (I usually got this one when I was at cashwrap for some reason), not frowning, just neutral, and some asshat happens by..."Smile!" So I just go ! Happy? Now go away!
        There's some study someone did rather a while back that found that people with high IQs have a tendancy to appear to be frowning or scowling when they concentrate on something. I know that's what kept the punk girls I attended high school with from messing with me. I was always concentrating on whatever I was reading, and friends have told me I look a bit on the fierce side while absorbed in what I'm reading.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          There's some study someone did rather a while back that found that people with high IQs have a tendency to appear to be frowning or scowling when they concentrate on something.
          Huh, that must be why people always seem to think I'm pissed off when I'm riffing Bark at the Moon on Guitar Hero on expert.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

My comeback would be that if I can't find the barcode, it is $5,000.

Comment

For the person who almost hit someone for grabbing them. I was working under a car one day when a guy reached in and grabbed my arm. It turned out he wanted a tire fixed, but didn't go into the office/showroom, but came right after a technician. WWhen he grabbed my right elbow came back and caught him full in the mouth. The police came and questioned us. I told them I was working under a car, doing something dangerous, and suddenly felt I was being attacked, and just reacted. In front of the officer, I told the guy about a friend of mine in the Navy. Seems one morning this CPO approached my friend's bunk and grabbed hold of him. My friend punched blindly, breaking the CPO's nose. the CPO brought my friend up on charges of striking a superior officer. In the hearing to determine if there will be a court martial, my friend was ordered released with no charges. Seems you cannot be held responsible for so many seconds after waking, as you are not completely in control of yourself then. The officers said I had reacted in what was perceived as self-defense, The customer was told he couldn't just go around, grabbing people without expecting someone to take it as an attack.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Not really a joke, but I hate it when people tell me to smile - especially random people who are just walking by and I'm not even helping them.

I get this all the time. I have heard this from complete strangers, in work and out of work too. Walking down the street. From adults, teens, women and men. I HATE IT!!!!

Who the hell walks alone down the street smiling? Who? Crazy people, that's who. And I am not crazy.

Sometimes, I am upset and do not want to smile. Most the time I am just walking by myself, and have no reason to smile. Having some assclown tell me to smile makes me do the oppisite. It angers me. I hate people!
                Last edited by NightAngel; 07-09-2007, 08:39 PM.
                "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Along the same lines as the "smile" crowd, I used to always have people tell me to look up while walking.

I have a tendancy to watch the sidewalk/street/paving/ground where I'm placing my feet. I actually have a really difficult time walking with my head up unless I'm actively watching something else while I'm moving. When I was in high school, people I knew would always be telling me to "cheer up" and "hold your head up" and the like.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had a response ready for the twits who told me to smile, "I'm working, I don't like half of you and what makes you think I'll make an exception?" Anyone who tells me to smile when I work will be treated to a in-my-imagination trip of me throwing you through a window.

There was also one guy who nearly ran me over, and when he was walking in he apologizes and says he doesn't get out much. "I can see that." That response made him turn red and walk in quite fast.

Then there were the constant jokes about the flashlights being lightsabers, I had a uncomfortable place as to where to shove those for those twits.

And don't get me started on the idiots who made a pun of the word suite.

I also don't like being surprised. People usually learn that the hard way sadly.

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                    Once when I was enjoying my ultimate cheeseburger at work some old hippie says to me "you are what you eat.".

Before I could say anything my boss gave me the "don't say anything" gesture.

What I wanted to say is "And what should I infer about you being such a DICK".
                    Nice. That hippie should have received that verbal jab.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      There's some study someone did rather a while back that found that people with high IQs have a tendancy to appear to be frowning or scowling when they concentrate on something.
                      Before Hubby and I started dating, he worked in the facilities department of our employer (he's in IT now). This meant that he could be seen anywhere in the building at any given time, and I frequently encountered him in hallways. He told me that during the months before we met, he found me intimidating because I looked serious and was always looking down as I walked.

Hmm, I'll have to tell him about that study. Maybe the flip side of that is the proof of "ignorance is bliss"...maybe people without that much going on in their brains go around smiling all the time?
                      He loves the world...except for all the people.
                      --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                        Maybe the flip side of that is the proof of "ignorance is bliss"...maybe people without that much going on in their brains go around smiling all the time?
                        Heh... brings a new level of meaning to those irritatingly cheerful people who tell you you need to smile more, doesn't it? Just because their hamster is taking a nap in the Happy Basket doesn't mean those of us whose hamsters are hard at work should fake it just to make you comfortable.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Worst I had was the ass who was rude and condescending at the start of the call, interrupted me frequently, and essentially treated me like dirt. He then starts cracking really stupid jokes, and asks me "Nekoro, where's your sense of humor?"

I didn't tell him off, but I did say mine was surgically removed.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                            I had a response ready for the twits who told me to smile, "I'm working, I don't like half of you and what makes you think I'll make an exception?" Anyone who tells me to smile when I work will be treated to a in-my-imagination trip of me throwing you through a window.
                            Woot. Defenestration for the win.

^-.-^

Comment

Not really a joke, but I hate it when people tell me to smile - especially random people who are just walking by and I'm not even helping them.
                              I hate that, too. I'm not retarded so I don't smile all the time. I walk up from the backroom and my co-workers even say, "Smile! " Umm, okay, fine. If I walk up with a huge smile on my face, they're going to ask what I'm smiling about, at which point I'll have to tell them nothing, I just like to smile, which is a lie. and if I don't smile, then they think I'm a sourpuss. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
                              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                              -FSTDT

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                                Huh, that must be why people always seem to think I'm pissed off when I'm riffing Bark at the Moon on Guitar Hero on expert.

Mastah.
                                "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                                -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
                                X