Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, don't put your child in danger for money you will probably lose.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. But seriously, harassing cops actually is a crime in some places (I know here it's tacked onto Obstruction of Justice).
    I am pretty sure the way the boy talked to the cop was illegal also, but he is under 11, he can't be charged and knows it.

Comment

Quoth i4wolves View Post
      There is a disorder for harming children for sympothy but it has nothing to do with a lawsuit. These parents have an illness that they want attention so badly they are wiling to make thier chidlren sick. These parents were trying to defrud the legal system. They could have some form of a disorder but their real problem is greed. People with this disorder do not want money they simiy want attention. These parents wanted money and would use their chidlren to get it.
      Hey, who's to say that the goal isn't to go on TV and say, "My angel got hurt in the big, hazardous store! Pity me!" with the money from a lawsuit being a side benefit? I wouldn't be surprised to see someone with Münchhausen's-by-proxy doing just that. Especially considering that medical professionals have become more adept at identifying signs of abuse and are legally obligated to notify CPS if they suspect anything.

But really, there's no need to over-react when I simply put forth a possible explanation as to why they would attempt to force their children to hurt themselves. They are still crappy parents that need to be taken out of the gene pool. When it's all said and done, they still choose to harm their children for financial gain and should be punished for it.
      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

gotta wonder if these parents have some form of muchaesens by proxy. sure sounds like some of them do
        "Hello, my name is Niki....Jessica."
        "Oh we're a lot of things Niki, but we're not crazy." Jessica, Better Halves
        Niki's Chronicles

Comment

There was one of these in the movie Sixth Sense.

The first child got finished off, and the second one was fast going the same way when the culprit was exposed.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The parents using their children to try to make money via a lawsuit by placing the children in danger DO have a syndrome.

It's called Fucked In The Head. Fucked In The Head is generally considered incurable, and can unfortunately be passed on to its sufferers' children after much exposure to a parent who is Fucked In The Head. Many people who are diagnosed as Fucked In The Head are, sadly, children of parents who were also Fucked In The Head. It tends to be cyclical, though it is generally not considered hereditary PHYSICALLY or GENETICALLY so much as learned behavior from the parent and/or parents who are themselves Fucked In The Head.

Other people who are Fucked In The Head will display it in other ways, such as teaching their children to steal, demonstrating the wonders of road rage in front of their kids, and generally just living their lives as bad role models to their children and others, all because they are, in the end, just Fucked In The Head.

Some famous people who suffer from being Fucked In The Head are Michael Jackson, Alec Baldwin, Dustin Diamond, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Michael Richards, Mel Gibson, Phil Spector, and Martha Stewart. And being Fucked In The Head is not a new thing. It is generally believed that Joan Crawford, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, the Marquis de Sade, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and Elizabeth Bathory* were all themselves pretty much Fucked In The Head.

(*bonus points if you get the reference)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              (*bonus points if you get the reference)
              Isn't that the wench who was famous for bathing in the blood of maidens thinking that it would give her longevity? The one who founded quite a few of the campiric concepts?

Raspcallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                Isn't that the wench who was famous for bathing in the blood of maidens thinking that it would give her longevity? The one who founded quite a few of the campiric concepts?

Raspcallion
                Yep. They used her in the 2nd Diablo game, and in the Hellboy animated: Blood and Iron.

Not a nice lady to work for. If I remember they locked her in a tiny cell (couldn't execute nobility outright, then and there) until she basically starved to death.
                Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Raspcallion
                  *DING!* *DING!* *DING!* We have a winner. That was her. One of the original serial killers, male or female, and one of the most prolific. And I don't know if she FOUNDED those vampiric concepts, but much writing about it is definitely based on her escapades.

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                  If I remember they locked her in a tiny cell (couldn't execute nobility outright, then and there) until she basically starved to death.
                  I believe you are a bit off. They did imprison her, but did not starve her to death. She lived out her days imprisoned in a tower of her own castle, fed well, but basically secluded from the world and unable to hold off the old age she had hoped bathing in her servants' blood would help her avert.

Then just as now, money and power meant there were different punishments meted out, no matter how horrible the crime might have been.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Not so smart.

Quoth mafiagodfather View Post
                    Actually I live in Canada, and they can arrest the child, but they can't charge him with anything util he is 12, they are trying to change it from 12 to 10 because and it's a good thing too and I hope this goes through because about ten years ago an eleven year old and his friends raped a 13 year old, and the eleven year old taunted the police about how he cannot be charged because he was under 12.
                    Checked out the YOA: http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/li...ubs/8613-e.htm

And that kid like most kids is being dumb. If I am reading it right kids under the age of 12 can only have evidence that is corroborated used against then. However, if he did this crime with older kids they can be *FULLY* prosecuted, and if they 'cop-a-plea' and provide evidence against him, he ends up in the same boat as them.

One major thing I learnt, records are not destroyed when the youth reaches 18, but rather depending on the crime/sentence their records are sealed two to three years after the *END* of their sentence.

And committing another crime before they are sealed will automatic delay sealing of records. The reason people think the records are destroyed is that at the time the federal copy of the records are sealed, most likely the local records of the crime will be destroy. But copies always exist and can be re-openned under the right conditions.

Comment

I had a Total Knee Replacement, and had healed to the point where I was getting around with a pair of arm canes. I was at Wal-Mart, waiting for my wife to finish talking to a sales person, when this kid, about 4 came over and began kicking at one of my arm canes. I moved and told him to knock it off, or someone was going to get hurt. After a few minutes, I caught motion out of the corner of my eye, and saw him gearing up for a full-force football kick at the cane. Taking a cue from 'Peanuts,' just as he kicked, I moved the cane out of the way. well, the predictable happened, and his momentum dumped him on hi s butt, and the air was split with what sounded like a fire truck siren. The kid's father had caught what happened, and came over, acting like he wanted to fight me for hurting his child. I told him I never touched him, and he needed to teach his kid not to bother people with mobility problems.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        The parents using their children to try to make money via a lawsuit by placing the children in danger DO have a syndrome.

It's called Fucked In The Head.
                        Damn, I choked on my tea!

Oh, and I know Elizabeth Bathory. She was responsible for the death of over 600 - mostly servants, she bathed in their blood, left them stripped naked in the snow to die, generally tortured and maimed to her heart's content. She was indeed bricked up in a room without windows, but there was a small slit to pass food and water. She died after three years. She was also accused of being a vampire and werewolf.

She was played by Ingrid Pitt in the movie Countess Dracula.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
                          Taking a cue from 'Peanuts,' just as he kicked, I moved the cane out of the way. well, the predictable happened, and his momentum dumped him on hi s butt, and the air was split with what sounded like a fire truck siren.
                          That just brings a vision of Charlie Brown flying through the air yelling AUUUUGH!! I bet the kid learned a valuable lesson, even if the father didn't.

These days, I just don't understand some parents. It's absolutely ridiculous how they just don't properly parent their kids. One family in our neighborhood has 5 kids. The father works long shifts, so the mother is left to fend for the kids. Her solution: Let them run wild, and let the neighbors raise 'em. We've all called bullshit at this point. It's not our job to do your parenting for you. All of us are worried that they are going to come on one of our yards, get hurt on something, and then they're crying lawsuit because we weren't watching their kids.
                          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth Starlord View Post
                            I had a Total Knee Replacement, and had healed to the point where I was getting around with a pair of arm canes. I was at Wal-Mart, waiting for my wife to finish talking to a sales person, when this kid, about 4 came over and began kicking at one of my arm canes. I moved and told him to knock it off, or someone was going to get hurt. After a few minutes, I caught motion out of the corner of my eye, and saw him gearing up for a full-force football kick at the cane. Taking a cue from 'Peanuts,' just as he kicked, I moved the cane out of the way. well, the predictable happened, and his momentum dumped him on hi s butt, and the air was split with what sounded like a fire truck siren. The kid's father had caught what happened, and came over, acting like he wanted to fight me for hurting his child. I told him I never touched him, and he needed to teach his kid not to bother people with mobility problems.
                            He did not stop when you told him to stop. I don't know what the father saw (if at all the whole thing) but these parents are clueless and don' t know that their kids are shits. They think their child is perfect and does nothing wrong.

Comment

"The kid's father had caught what happened, and came over, acting like he wanted to fight me for hurting his child."

You know, I wonder if that guy would have been a better parent with one of those canes jammed up his ass?

Would have been worth a try just to see.

Comment

Quoth dalejrfan71 View Post
                                I think that people should take an IQ test before becoming parents. It's real easy to make a child, but it's a lot harder to raise a child.
                                I read somewhere that a woman wishing to have an abortion in certain states are required to undergo a psychiatric evaluation to determine if she is well enough to make that decision. I find it very odd that something like that is required for an abortion and yet anyone is allowed to create kids WITHOUT the same evaluation.
                                Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Working...
                                X