Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a Discusting Human Being and a Liar.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Discusting Human Being and a Liar.....

Ok, I have explained before about the free dvd offer with the newspapers at work. I'll explain again.

Buy a newspaper, show me the token from the paper and I give you a free shitty dvd, in a cardboard case. Joy! You MUST buy the paper and give me the token, because if I even give out one free, without the paper and token, there WILL be one person that comes in with token and paper and gets turned away cause we were one short. Then they will raise hell with me, and I do not want that. Ok...here we go..............

Old bastard comes in yesterday and says that he wants to buy the paper, but we have run out and he doesn't want to miss out on his glorious free dvd. I tell him that he is welcome to buy the paper at the shop about ten steps away and bring it in and I will give him the dvd. He says that he was just about to do that, so can I give him the dvd now, so he doesn't have to come back. I say no, because it wouldn't be fair to everyone else that has the paper and token. He says "I come in here every day, you need to give it to me" I tell him that if he just goes and gets the paper, I will give it to him, but he needs to show me the token. That's the rules. And it is fair. He scoffs at me and puts his hand in my face as to brush me off, grumbles and off he goes.

About 10 minutes later, I am serving a nice old lady and the bastard comes back in.

He comes up to me with the paper and I smile and give him the dvd. He then starts an argument with me. He says that I "do not deserve his custom". I say that I am sorry but I do not control nor do I own the shop, so if he has a complaint, then it is no good telling me, tell the manager. He says that I am a "horrible human being and discusting" because I made him go "ALL THE WAY" to the other shop AND BACK to get the paper. I tell him that I am sorry, but I am just doing my job. He starts saying that he is a regular customer and ANY other member of staff would have just given it to him, and that he knows that "I know who he is" () and I was just being nasty to him and treating him badly. He says that I "could have asked any other member of staff who he was, but I was just being difficult". I say "sir, I am sorry, but I do not recognize you. There are hundreds of people that come into the shop everyday and I can't possibly remember every one of them".

The old lady that I am serving says "of course you can't expect her to remember you and everyone else that shops here". He then tells me to "not smirk at him" and that I "can't look at or speak to him that way". Again......

He starts to go on and on again and I say "Sir, it is a FREE DVD". He looks emabrrassed, starts to say something and then leaves.

So, it upset me, but at least I had the last word and maybe made him realize how fucking stupid he was being. I mean...if that is how he reacts to something as petty as that then I would hate to see him if, say, his steak wasn't cooked right while out to eat.

What a joker! Ugh!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Ugh. What a bastard. How is the concept of "buy paper, give token, get freebie" too hard to understand? No token, no freebie!

Somewhat similar...I occasionally get "special" treatment at one of the local hobby shops, simply because I'm a regular. They may not know me by name, but they do know that I'll *gladly* take some of their older kits off their hands, especially those damn 1980s Nissan Skyline kits that *nobody* wants. Rather than let them sit around, I can usually get them for $5-10 apiece. Do I insist on getting that treatment? Of course not. I simply ask how much the car costs...if it's more than I want to spend, I don't bother with it. Do I act like an asshole? Nope--if I do that, no more cheapies, no more free locomotive inspections, nada. In other words, they'll no longer "hook me up."

At another shop, I got to see some old fool bitch about a freebie. This shop had some of the paper stock get damaged, and was literally giving it away. IIRC, most of it was old model directions (quite handy when trying to fix things), some old postcards, and other similar items. None of the items were pristine--they were a bit grubby and had water marks on them. Turns out a pipe in their backroom broke and spilled on the things. As such, they couldn't sell the items...and were giving them away. Anyway, this guy came in and was complaining about the condition of some things, and how "giveaways shouldn't be damaged"

As someone who had gotten there first, I scored a nice set of PRR GG1 (electric locomotive) postcards. Not perfect, with a few marks on the backs...but I wanted them for the photos
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Somewhat similar...I occasionally get "special" treatment at one of the local hobby shops, simply because I'm a regular.
      I got a discount at the local pizzeria the other day, cause the guy who rang me up for my lunch special recognized me, and knew I was in there a lot. Not as interesting as the day the manager came up to me and my mom and brother, as he recognized me, and said, "It seems every time you come in, you've got more people with you. I can't wait for the seventh or eighth visit from now."
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Is it just me, or do people act worse about "free" things than regular?

I've gotten discounts at a couple places, but because I went there on a very regular basis. The resturant I was there at least once a week, usually more, and talked with the managers and staff on a regular basis. The shop I bought most of my dragon figurines at I got 10% off because, well, I bought most of my dragon figures there
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I want to know what's on these DVDs that causes everyone to go all nutso over them.
          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

I loath it when any of our clients are having any sort of free offer.

People hear "Free" as "It is my God given right on this earth to possess this item."

Then they always react to any restrictions or requirements like you just kicked their puppy. How DARE you not give it to them for free with no strings attached.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              I occasionally get "special" treatment at one of the local hobby shops, simply because I'm a regular.
              I occasionally grab lunch from an excellent, excellent bagel shop near me. They have a "get your card stamped ten times, get a free bagel" scheme. If the manager is working, she often gives me four or five stamps on my card, mainly because I used to go in there almost every day about four years ago when I worked opposite, and we would chat about sucky customers and the weather. Pays to be nice, doesn't it?

That's reminded me of an SC story from those days. I went in one day, and said manager was arguing with some moron about his freebie card. After he stormed out, she showed me the card - he had one real stamp on it, and the rest were shakily drawn in marker pen, blatantly fake. He was trying to claim he was owed a free bagel anyway.

Oh, and at Claire's Accessories, we were required to offer customers the cheap crap we kept at the tills ("and for just another 50p, you can also buy this lovely fake gold sovereign ring!"). A lot of customers got arsey when they realised that they were not free. ("Why aren't they free? They should be free, I'm buying all this other stuff!")

So, in short, what Gravekeeper said:

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              People hear "Free" as "It is my God given right on this earth to possess this item."
              Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Working...
              X