This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a general observation on stupidity

This is no SC horror story, but just a general observation on human stupidity. The back story goes that I just started a new job this week as a telemarketer for a local call center. Shortly after lunch break, we're starting up the afternoon session of training class. A major storm blows through the area and the power goes out. We sit and wait a while for the power to come back on. The storm blows through, but the power remains off. The supervisory staff finally makes the decision to let everyone go home early because we can't really do much with the power out.

I pass through several stoplights on my route home. Common sense and the rules of the road dictate that you treat intersections with non-functional or malfunctioning traffic signals just like 4-way stops. So, I stop at each of those intersections like I'm supposed. What just stupifies me is the number of people who blow through the intersections as if they had the green light. I mean, I'm surprised there weren't some major wrecks as a few of these interesections are fairly busy all day long. You'd think these people who just took it upon themselves to blow through the intersections could be ticketed as though they ran a stop sign. Not only that, but I'd think it'd be hard to live with knowing that such carelessness could cause an accident and its consequences.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

It used to happen outside my old work all the time. It's a miracle there was never a collision. Some people should not be allowed on the roads.

Comment

I'm always shocked by this as well. I always come to complete stop and look each way, especially because there are so often cops out and about when power is out and stoplights are off, and I do not need to get pulled over for something that stupid.

Also, people are dumb. Like, really really really dumb. Especially when they're driving.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

For those of you in the midwest you already know this, the rest of you can listen. Last summer there was a very bad thunderstorm in the midwest it shut off our power for about a week, in the middle of the heatwave. I got to see some ..... 'lovely' driving then.
        Also reminds me of the winter of that same year where during a blizzard I skidded and spun the car on the ice, no one was hurt. We were out of power for a few days then too. I hate amerenUE, they want to raise our rates but they don't even bother maintaining what they have now like they should. Because that would cost them money.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
        X