This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wally World

Ok..I know this site is for SC's...and no this isn't about an SC... it was something that kinda irks me.

Me and another person to the Wall of Mart, to look for a small freezer, preferably an upright (hard to find I know). We looked in the Kitchen area, lots of mini refrigerators no freezers. So we looked a few other places..then I had the person wait in Kitchen, and I looked several places for somebody..anybody to help. No such luck.

So I head to Customer Service. All I wanted to know..is did they have any in stock, though I suspected they didn't.

I get to customer service and there are three employees..but I know that I am going to have to ask them to call somebody back to Kitchen..because chances are ..they don't know. They are talking, so I wait there patiently.

All three of them look at me and before I can say or do anything..turn around and continue talking. Ok .. I can understand. No problem.

Then they stop, and one leaves..and I say. "Excuse.." that is all I get out. The other two start talking again about something else..and give me the stink eye.

Well finally one turns around, and I ask politely if they can call somebody back to help in Kitchen. I swear if looks could kill..I wouldn't be posting this. Though they did call somebody back to kitchen.

Half an hour later, no help. Got fed up and left. We did actually find what we were looking for in Kitchen while we waited (but would have needed help to get it to the vehicle) but they had no uprights.

Ok, I know that you have things to discuss. I have no issue waiting, but being absolutely ignored? That is a bit much. The stink eye for asking politely to get some help in kitchen..a bit much. Ah Wally World, I love thee so.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Sad to say that a lot of associates at the Mart of Wall just don't give a shit if a customer needs help or not. It's almost as if the customer is deemed an intrusion on their workday when in reality that's what the associate is there for-to service the customer!
    You should have asked for a member of management so they can tear them a new asshole...lol.

Comment

I can't believe I failed the personaliy test to work at Wal-Mart, and some of the people I see working there could be certifiably nuts.

I go there early in the morning and use the self checkouts because I'm so creeped out by some of them. One day when they had all the self checks down for whatever reason, I got an employee who kept repeatedly telling me that she had a rock in her shoe. Like, five times the entire transacation.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        I can't believe I failed the personaliy test to work at Wal-Mart, and some of the people I see working there could be certifiably nuts.
        You failed that test for the same reason I did: Because you're too normal.

I had an interview at the local Wally World and took that test before the swamp hired me. So far as I can recall, the swamp did not inflict one of those tests upon me.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, I've failed all of them at every store. I can't apply at any place that has those, because I won't make it.

That's why I work at a factory. Just had to pass a drug test and an adult equivalency exam (which has since been done away with, explaining a lot about that place).

Comment

The key to passing those assessment tests is to pick the highest agree or lowest disagree possible- don't pick the stuff in the middle.
            I filled out an assessment for working at the gas station affiliated with Walmart. They had some questions that really didn't need to be on there. Multiple choice question- What is the first letter of a three letter word that means unhappy? Halfway through I figured they hired anyone that finished the entire thing.

Comment

*Sigh* I failed the tests, too.

On to the freezer thing!

You can buy a mini Freezer in 4.4 cuFt or smaller from CompactAppliance.com since they specialize in smaller appliances. You can guess which one I have in my RV and will also go into the bus.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to shop at walmart. I won't do it. They treat their employees like crap (i worked for them for a whole week) and it trickles down into customer service.
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I was a Wally World 'slave' for 8 months until I injured myself. Got promoted in two months because nobody else was stupid enough to take the night shift CSM job. I should have known it was a mistake when people fled when asked if they wanted it.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Makes me worry when I was hired on at walmart and stayed for 6 months o.O.

But then I quit a day before my two weeks were up (I was sick and going to the docs and it seemed pointless for me to bring them a sick note on my last day there) and was told I wasn't allowed to use them as a refrence.

Course I have muuuuch better refrences now

Comment

I just got back from the local Wally World. While browsing the soda aisle I noticed quite the unique assortment of merchandise strewn atop the shelf above the soda: a pair of shoes, some tuna fish, Pine-Sol, something that looked like a feminine hygiene product of some sort.

If you ask me, this has the makings of a great game: Pick an aisle in the store at random, fill your cart or basket with all the stuff abandoned in that aisle that doesn't belong there, proceed to checkout and see what kind of looks you can get out of the cashier.

But in all seriousness, Irv's town needs a Target in the worst way. Every time I get out of the local Wally World, I get this strange urge to tear my skin right off.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I worked there 3 months shy of 4 years. Finally quit due to anxiety attacks and strangely haven't had any since. Hmmm. Second jobs suck, 'nuf said.

If I may add my two cents, you're complaining to the wrong folks. We'd love to commiserate with you, but you need to send an email to corporate. After all, they're the ones who give payroll hours and crack down on management.
                        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I only shop at Wally World because it's cheaper. I have to save money. I go at a time where hardly anyone is there, so there usually aren't that many shenanigans going on.

I have been taking to buying my fruits and some groceries at Kwik Trip, though. They sell these massive bananas for only 18cents per pound and they last much longer.

Comment

Y'all don't want me to get started on my 19 months in the hell that is the pharmacy there.

I'm much happier and relaxed where I am now. While I'm working more hours (guaranteed 40) than Wally World, they're only Mon-Fri and I feel like I've got more time to do things. And, best of all, I'm get paid a lot better!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              I just got back from the local Wally World. While browsing the soda aisle I noticed quite the unique assortment of merchandise strewn atop the shelf above the soda: a pair of shoes, some tuna fish, Pine-Sol, something that looked like a feminine hygiene product of some sort.
                              On my old cell phone, I had a series of pictures of produce items in strange places at Wal-Mart. My favorite was of a bag of grapes next to the pool chemicals, but I had some good ones of strawberries in the cleaning supply isle, too

Can anyone give an example of a question from the personality quizzes you people failed? I'm a little worried now
                              There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Working...
                              X