Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did having appropriate ID become suspicious?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    Me: October 23rd 1986.
    You're three days older than me.

I have my ID out when I'm buying an R-rated movie. For some reason I'm never carded (I haven't been carded for buying cigarettes for Dad or Wine for cooking, either).
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

And I got carded for buying a M rated game Cashier wasn't going to let me get it either, because it was Dead Space, and she was so convinced I was going to burn in hell for it... I told her that that couldn't be true, because Jesus wants us to fight the demons, and even he made zombies (of course, they didn't eat brains as far as I know...but still, undead). She shut up and let me do my transaction. Didn't say anything to my husband (fiancee at the time) when he bought Viva Pinata, chocolate, condoms, and feminine products. We switched what we would purchase before hand to see if anyone reacted.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        You're three days older than me.
        hallo-babies represent
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

i bought beer today and had the ID ready ahead of time cos.... it's a bitch to get it out of my wallet. (NY state enhanced id, kept in the foil sleeve)

i think the clerk looked at it a little longer too, possibly because i had it out early but... after she saw the birth date on it she realized it's real.

i mean who in their right mind would fake being 37?

tho i've noticed something:
          People who are younger than me think I'm over 21.
          But people who are older than me think I'm in my 20s. Or underage.

seriously. one of the women working at my college thought I was 18.
          (the kicker was that... i'd already mentioned 13+ years in the navy, ... and she use to work at my grade school...)

Comment

My age range is like 10 years. I can get 17, i've been told up to 27.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Bagger: (all of 19 maybe) Oh jeez I pay like 135 a month its terrible.
              I'm sorry, but this is the bit that irks me, since I'm 20 and pay $200, which goes down to $180 next month.
              Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                I figured it was something like this. Maybe the other cashiers see me around buying regular groceries and recognize me. Ever since I went platinum blonde, I get ID'd constantly.

Brunette: I look about 27
                Blonde: I look about 19

I dont blame the cashier it was just an O_O experience from a store i'm in all the time
                My opinion is that the clerk did something I do myself - If I have some problem at work, next time that issue arises, I doublecheck everything even if it seems way over the top to the customer.So I guess she let someone underage pass through, or else was caught not checking ID properly, got told off for it and then started really checking everything carefully.

And I am old enough to be Whiskey's mommy. I feel very old. but on the goodside, I am young enough to pass for Boyfriend's daughter.
                Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                  when he bought Viva Pinata, chocolate, condoms, and feminine products. We switched what we would purchase before hand to see if anyone reacted.
                  I read this as chocolate condoms instead of chocolate and condoms.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I read this as chocolate condoms instead of chocolate and condoms.
                    Welll.......no local store doesn't carry those...
                    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I've gotten looked at a bit oddly for having mine out and ready, but what can I say...the site has trained me in that! Besides, I buy the same couple things, and I know I'm gonna be ID'd...why hold things up?
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                        I've gotten looked at a bit oddly for having mine out and ready
                        I bet you have .

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          I bet you have .

Gah! now I've got tea all over the monitor again!
                          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post

Gah! now I've got tea all over the monitor again!
                            Rule #1 is posted for a reason.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Rule #1 is posted for a reason.
                              Is it actually posted anywhere? I thought it was just implied everywhere.

Comment

I'm 23 and am often told I look younger (generally anywhere from 17 to 21). But I often have my DL out anyways. Last night I went to the liquor store and the cashier didn't ID me. I was surprised. My ex was with me too and she also often gets mistaken for younger (she's 24 and people will sometimes think she's around 20). Then again it's Labor Day weekend and they were slammed at like 7 pm. I just hope they didn't sell any booze to anyone underage... it's a short walk from our apartment and I hate to have to find somewhere else to get my vodka.
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X