This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperSucky Sighting at Super Cuts

I've been meaning to share this one since Friday afternoon.

Somehow my hair made it from short to "Oh my God look at the poofball on that guys head" status overnight so I stopped in Friday at my favorite SuperCuts where the staff actually has lasted more than two weeks.

I got there at 6 and was told they had an hours wait. It's back to school time so you could tell they were frazzled. No problem, I'll wait.

About 6:30 Miss Self Important arrives. You could see the attitude coming off of her in waves as she came across the parking lot.

MFHC = Mister Frazzled Hair Cutter
    SC = Guess Who!

MFHC - Welcome to SuperCuts how can I help you
    SC - I need my hair done right away.
    MFHC - Our Current wait time is about an hour What were you looking to have done
    SC - I need HiLites and LoLites (what the heck are LoLites?)
    MFHC - I'm sorry maam but we don't start any colorings after 7 because we close at 9
    SC- Oh that's OK, I don't mind staying late
    MFHC - No maam we close at 9
    SC - Really it's no problem, I can stay late
    MFHC - Maam I've been here since 11 and have to leave on time. We can't do your coloring this evening, but we will be glad to set you up for first thing tomorrow morning
    SC - Oh No!!!!!!!!!!! it has to be this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MFHC - Stare
    SC - Stare
    SC - You could use this opportunity to make a good customer out of me
    MFHC - As I have already explained we don't have time to do it today
    SC - Are you sure you want to make this decision? If I walk out this door I'm going somewhere else
    SC - I'm sorry to hear that, have a nice evening

SC whirls around and stomps out the door with the smell of defeat chaing after her. All of us waiting just looked at each other and shook our heads.

I felft so bad for the guy. I can't imagine having to deal with her after a day full of children who don't want hair cuts.

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
    Evidently she's never heard that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Comment

A good customer understands other people have lives and comes back in the morning. You cant make a good customer out of an asshole.

kind-of-edit: RK and myself are on the same wavelength.

also if you want special service youre going to have to go somewhere that charges more than 20$ for colorings. Girl I pay almost 80$ every 2 months to get my roots done and my girl might take me if it was a half hour past her "no starting a coloring" time.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Lolites are the opposite of highlights! Just darker than the average color.

Anyway, what an ass.

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
          Good customers don't make employees stay late for a purchase or service that won't be worth the extra time, pay to employees, and inconvenience it would cause.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
            You can gold plate a turd, but it's still a turd
            what a self-centered little so-and-so. I can just SEE the thought process

ZOMG, in this economy, people should be HAPPY to have jobs!!!! Surely these people will be MORE than happy to stay late to do my hair! Yay retail servitude!!!
            Last edited by iradney; 08-25-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: i promise i can spell! kinda....
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

When I got out of the military the first thing I wanted to do was dye my hair black and red, just for fun and since it wasn't allowed in the military. The ONLY thing I knew about getting my hair colored was that I should call and make an appointment since I figured it would take awhile. I couldn't even imagine trying to do a walk in later in the evening for a color job.

Fun note about that appointment: The woman who I had the appointment with was on her first day out of school and I was her first professional dye job. She was pretty nervous about it at first, but it came out really well and it was a fun way to start of the career.

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
                ...Fun note about that appointment: The woman who I had the appointment with was on her first day out of school and I was her first professional dye job. She was pretty nervous about it at first, but it came out really well and it was a fun way to start of the career.
                Her name wasn't by any chance Annelle, was it? :-)

(btw, if you get the reference, you are either a girl or a gay man)

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  Her name wasn't by any chance Annelle, was it? :-)

(btw, if you get the reference, you are either a girl or a gay man)

I do I do! Steel Magnolias
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    I do I do! Steel Magnolias
                    One of my favorite movies ever.

I gotta go get my hair redyed...or maybe I'll save the worker the hassle and just get it cut. I can dye it at home and save them the "Ma'am? Sorry to bother you but your hair is coming out in my hand..." Last girl that did my hair almost started crying because she thought she had messed up and I would demand free service. I gave her a really big tip because she had to deal with my hair.
                    Yeah, thin hair for the win.
                    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

That is an awesome movie and full of great lines.

I dye my hair at home I have never had it dyed in a salon...it turns out ok for me. My daughter cuts it too so I haven't set foot in a salon for aboug 6 years.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

yah, she's a polished, gold plated turd alrighty (props to iradney); a regular dye job can take awhile alone, especially if there are stubborn grays to deal with, but one with multiple colors? multiple hours; definitely make an appointment for that.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

true story: my hair got fffffffffffffffffucked up. I'm talking THREE TONE BLONDE. All by the same girl. Finally I ditched her and found my current salon.

Roots + 3 tones of blond took 3-4 hours.

My new hair lady is a saint because i didnt see her gulping booze at all. I assume thats what took her so long to mix my toner.
                          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            true story: my hair got fffffffffffffffffucked up. I'm talking THREE TONE BLONDE.
                            I think a lot of us have haircolor horror stories. Mine is the time where the salon lady was trying to dye my borderline blonde/brown hair a dark golden blonde and it came out pumpkin orange!

As far as the SC in the OP: has she never had her hair colored before? It takes a long time, even for someone who's only getting one shade done. Add highlights and lowlights, that's going to take a few hours. And why the heck did she wait until the night she needed it? Once again, "lack of planning on your part is not an emergency on my part"!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                              also if you want special service youre going to have to go somewhere that charges more than 20$ for colorings. Girl I pay almost 80$ every 2 months to get my roots done and my girl might take me if it was a half hour past her "no starting a coloring" time.
                              Any place that charges more than $20 for colorings will probably require an appointment made weeks, if not months, in advance. The only way she could have gotten her hair colored that evening was to buy the coloring and do it herself.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X