Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember once, when my mom was still dying her hair, she bought an off brand hair dye to save money....

...Her hair turned purple.... She cried. Then she tried to wash it out....and it turned green.....

...and then she went to a salon.....
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

I let EvilEmpryss color my hair once. We picked out a nice brand name blond, intending simply to lighten my natural color (I'm a blond, but my hair has darkened over the years).

We ended up with a very nice strawberry blond. I rather liked it, but we were both surprised with the end results.

Unfortunately, coloring my hair makes it brittle. It's just too fine and delicate to take chemicals, so I'm just going to have to suck up the greys
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

God, the sheer attitude..."it's OK, I can stay late." Well, peachy, you'll be here all by yourself then...don't forget to turn out the lights.

I dye my own hair, but I'll be the first to admit it could probably benefit from some professional attention by now. But 3-4 hours? I'd probably fall asleep in the chair.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The only salons around here that actually require appointments are in the mall. Pro Cuts, Sports Cuts, Fantastic Sams, Great Clips, are all walk-ins.

I've never had a problem getting my hair colored in a timely manner.

People have said in other threads I get a steal for what I pay for color, but I actually have to pay extra. "Long hair charge". If your hair is any longer than, like, collar bone length, they have to mix more color and you get charged extra. Since I have too fat of cheeks and too round of a face to have hair any shorter than my shoulders, I won't ever go that short, so I just pay the extra.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

I dye my own hair, but I'll be the first to admit it could probably benefit from some professional attention by now. But 3-4 hours? I'd probably fall asleep in the chair.
            I did fall asleep at one point, she only woke me up because she needed me to rinse. And it was that long because i have a LOT of hair. Its long and its thick. And the damage/miscoloring was REALLY bad.
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I've tried to have my hair colored, never turned out right. Never blamed the people trying though, my hair was 'jet black' one time. It's still dark (but a bit lighter), but I am thinking of making it as dark as it used to be. Could do 'vampire' so easy it was scary (pun intended).
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                'jet black' one time.
                from what i hear my stylist bitch about to other girls, dyed black is a BITCH to deal with because its absolutely unworkable.

I want to get my hair bleached straight white so bad. idk. stupid rent being due dont they know i'm trying to be fierce over here?!

Comment

Yeah, but it wasn't dyed that color. When I was younger it was my natural color. Still seemed unworkable/immune to coloring however. Closest I could come to dye was red streaks in my hair.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Yeah, but it wasn't dyed that color. When I was younger it was my natural color. Still seemed unworkable/immune to coloring however. Closest I could come to dye was red streaks in my hair.
                    Youd probably have to bleach, even a little bit. Black is unworkable. You might be able to lighten it up without bleach. I was doing that for a while with my mid-brunette, but honestly, just get bleached if you want to go any color other than black.

and find a good damn hair stylist because bleach can kill your hair if your girl (or guy! i dont discriminate) can't do bleach right. I was TERRIFIED of bleaching until I had my current girl do it. My hair is softer than its ever been.

Comment

My hair is almost impossible to dye. I had to pay double the one time I went to get my hair colored because they had to strip the color out first then put in another color on top of it. My hair is not jet black but so close in the winter that it doesn't make much of a difference. My dad's hair is impossible to dye, too. My mom and my brother can go whatever colors they want. Sometimes I hate them.

I will say, though, that it did look absolutely fantastic. Not sure if I'm committed enough for what I'd have to pay to get it done regularly, though
                      "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

*nods* I've went to three places and they all say the same thing. They refuse to bleach my hair. No clue WHY, but *shrugs*. Won't even attempt it by myself, not without somebody who knows what they are doing.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          *nods* I've went to three places and they all say the same thing. They refuse to bleach my hair. No clue WHY, but *shrugs*. Won't even attempt it by myself, not without somebody who knows what they are doing.
                          Ive had this happen, but with length cutting. I have ZERO attachment to my hair, which is EXTREMELY unusual for a girl. I can go from having 2 feet of extra hair (mid-lower back) to a chin-length cut with no problem. Most stylists WILL NOT do it because its such a drastic change that theyre more likely to get complaints/bad internet reviews for doing what the person has asked. You just have to find someone who will take the risk

and maybe sign a waiver.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                            Ive had this happen, but with length cutting. I have ZERO attachment to my hair, which is EXTREMELY unusual for a girl. I can go from having 2 feet of extra hair (mid-lower back) to a chin-length cut with no problem. Most stylists WILL NOT do it because its such a drastic change that theyre more likely to get complaints/bad internet reviews for doing what the person has asked. You just have to find someone who will take the risk.
                            I wasn't given a hard time. I just was asked a "are you sure", which was a nice change, since I expected them to really push getting it cut. (Now, it was a stupid idea, because it was too short to braid, so I looked like Alice from Dilbert, but that's not their fault).

Comment

I've had one person refuse to cut my hair. Just once. I have naturally curly hair and she was afraid of "messing it up". I don't know. If you make me look like a Christmas Tree (short on top and poofier at the bottom), I just won't go back to you again.

My hair is a very dark brown. Maybe 2-3 shades lighter than black. But i have a TON of red highlights. Fortunately, it's easy to dye.

I love my hairstylist, Jimmy. He is just awesome! I paid $70 to have him dye my hair this time around. I'm going to have to go back to him to get my hair trimmed.

BTW, I have to make an appointment for Jimmy because he is *popular*. Sometimes, I've had to wait 3 week before seeing him.

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
                                SC - You could use this opportunity to make a good customer out of me
                                I don't think anyone could make a good customer out of that SC...

Comment

Working...
                                X