This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave me alone already

This is more the fault of coprorate than the employee so I should place blame where blame is due.

Yesterday I was browsing the Wii games sections to see if there was anything that interested me, and maybe even score a game a day early that's supposed to come out today. No luck. Anyways, while I was browsing, the first employee came up to me.

E: Is there anything I can help you find?
    Me: No thanks I was just looking to see if anything interests me.

He leaves. This one isn't sucky. I go an isle over and browse the DS games. Another employee comes up to me.

AE: Is there anything I can help you find?
    Me: No thanks. I'm just looking.
    AE: Well just to let you know we have some great deals in the store
    Me: OK
    AE: blah blah blah cable packages
    Me: No thanks
    AE: blah blah more about cable packages blah blah not very expensive.

NO! Just leave me the hell alone already! If I want to watch cable shows, I'll go online. The only cable show I watch is South Park, though I'm trying to find a place to legally watch the new Futurama episodes. Not worth shelling out money for cable though.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Is it Metroid: Other M?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I'm picking up my pre-order today. I get a free art book.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        It sure is!

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
        I'm picking up my pre-order today. I get a free art book.
        I reserved with Game Stop so I don't know what I get. I normally don't like buying from Game Stop because Best Buy (the store in my original post) is closer. But my brother gave me a gift card for my birthday so I'm putting it to good use.
        Last edited by Mr Hero; 08-31-2010, 01:51 PM.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It's getting worse. Me, blas, the junior Carrie Bradshaw, am beginning to actually hate shopping.

I mean, I can be going to a store just for one specific thing, like a pair of jeans (one I already have, just trying to get another pair) and I am bombarded by employees shoving deals at me or trying to pick out clothes for me.

Or worse, ones who see me looking and go "Oh, do you need help finding a size or color?"

If I needed help, I'd ask. If they think I'm a shoplifter, well, I would hope to God no one thinks that about me or judges me that way. But hot damn, it's like leave me the hell alone.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Or worse, ones who see me looking and go "Oh, do you need help finding a size or color?"
            You know, this always makes me want to say, "if they're clearly marked, then no." Because I've been in stores where things are always difficult to find. But since it's most likely the customers that messed it up, I don't say that.

The only retail store I go to for clothes has friendly people that just say hello, how are you, when I walk in the door. Then they stay out of my hair, which is the way I prefer it. If I look lost, they'll ask me if I want help, but otherwise they don't get in my face. I know when I take my purchases to the counter, they'll inform me about specials. They also have ginormous signs all over the store about the specials, which I actually read, so I usually know what's on sale.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah. I just love being at a display of tanktops in every color imaginable, and I'm just trying to pick between two colors or whatever. No, I can see what colors they are. I really don't need help.

I completely stay away from clothing stores where they work on commission. The Buckle has gone from suggestive selling to stalking/bullying tactics. I mean, you can't even get out of there alive without buying something.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

I completely stay away from clothing stores where they work on commission. The Buckle has gone from suggestive selling to stalking/bullying tactics. I mean, you can't even get out of there alive without buying something.
                Incidentally, I've managed that feat several times.

I can see why their employees are on commission though. Their clothes are fuck ugly and way overpriced.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Best Buy (the store in my original post)
                  Why am I not surprised?

When I still shopped at Best Buy I had the employees who would go out of their way to remind me that they weren't on commission, they just wanted to be helpful, and please oh please let me help you...
                  Umm, you want to help, go away and let me shop... if I need something I know where to find you.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    I mentioned in another thread that I had absolutely no idea about this until yesterday. I kinda feel guilty, because Metroid is my second love in gaming, after Zelda. I need to get my Wii set up again, but first we need to move the TV, and in order to do that, we need to get my cousin's room cleaned.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Never buy clothes at Chicos. They intentionally fail to install mirrors in dressing rooms so one has to leave to see whether the garment is suitable, whereupon all the commissioned sales vultures descend in a walletectomy frenzy. (Knowing this, I try items on over what I'm wearing in front of a mirror to piss them off.)

Comment

that's funny because I usually have the opposite problem...I can never seem to find an available employee in Best Buy! But then again I haven't been in awhile so maybe corporate flipped their switches to "stalk mode"
                        Last edited by Spork4pedro; 09-01-2010, 06:11 AM. Reason: oopsie!
                        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Seriously, no mirrors in the dressing room? Then they don't have dressing rooms. They have closets.

No way I would go through that sort of foolishness.

Comment

Not sure about elsewhere, but The Buckle here doesn't have mirrors in their fitting rooms. They are outside the fitting rooms so that you have to come out and see, so the associate paid on commission can coo and ahh and oo and then try to upsell some more crap to you.

Meh, I just try to avoid that store at all costs. I have a bf who can't stay away, and I can only entertain myself so long in a mall so small that within an hour, I am bored.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Their clothes are fuck ugly and way overpriced.

yeah I saw one pair of jeans i liked there once-$80

found them a few months later at a thrift store for $7-yay!
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X