This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THis is getting really old

Okay, for those keeping track with my ongoing bus pass dispute with UVU.
    Went in a MONTH ago to get my pass activated, paid my $20 fee, went off fat dumb and happy thinking that within 48 hours my pass would work.
    48 hours later, nothing.
    Went in two weeks ago asking why the pass wasn't activated... they assured me it was activated, but we'll re-sync it just to be sure, it will be 48 hours for it to work (so wait, it's working, but it's going to take 48 hours to work... subtle at admitting your mistakes).
    48 hours later, still nothing.
    Now, three days a week I have to drive anyway, so I've already paid for a parking pass, all the extra cost I'm getting is gas, but 40 miles each way, yeah that is a lot of gas. Now, don't think I haven't been trying my bus pass, each day that I would take the bus I've been getting up early, driving to TRAX to take TRAX to the station that I get the bus at, only for my card not to read and have to go home and wait for half an hour before driving down to get to class.
    Yesterday, I went in again, asked them to check the card, again.
    The clerk said "oh, it was never activated, I'll push through the activation now, it should work by tomorrow morning"
    Well, guess what happened when I got to TRAX this morning... yup, invalid card, please pay cash fare.
    Seriously, if SLCC a school known for having an inefficient administration (it took me two attempts to get my transcript sent because they lost my first request) is able to just have the student walk up, give their student number and nothing else (no fee) and be handed a card that works instantly, why the hell can't a full university do the same with a $20 fee.
    This is yet another situation where I used to feel bad for the employees when someone went SC on them, but now I can clearly see that they must have done something to deserve it, because rest assured, I will still sleep well at night after tearing the supervisor a new one next week... first the school charges nearly $2,000 in tuition, nearly $700 in books, $80 for a parking pass, and $20 for a bus pass... if I'm spending that much money someone I want EVERYTHING I paid for to work, if I had known that my $20 for the bus pass wouldn't have worked, I'd of saved it to pay for gas, because right now without that bus pass, I need the money for gas more than ever.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Just reading this makes me spit venomous rage at this school.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
    X