This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Suck on Both Fronts

The other day I was doing my rounds when I heard angry shouting. I turned around and a Store Manager was motioning me to come-in. He had a very angry body-builder type guy yelling at him. Angry Guy turned around as I came in and stormed past me, yelling random 'this sucks!' words. AG's mild-looking, quiet wife is standing there with a look that says 'he acts like this all the time and I'm used to it by now.'

SM gives me the gist of it; AG stormed in, claiming his prepaid cell phone had not come with a charger. He of course did not have the packaging, and got so fed up that he couldn't just get a charger that he demanded to return the whole thing. However, the serial number on the phone was not the serial number on the receipt. SM didn't accuse AG of anything, but as soon as he pointed-out the numbers didn't match, que the yelling I heard.

AG game back with the packaging and slams it down, screaming how he will not be accused of stealing, etc! I tried to calm him down, explaining that the Manager had not accused him of anything. SM kept telling AG that he was trying to sort things out. AG kept pacing out of the Store yelling and swearing, until I had to tell him to watch his language or he'd be leaving. The look on his face was priceless (I guess females don't order him around much)

It turned-out that the couple had bought 2-phones, but the employee had only scanned 1-phone twice for the purchase. The serial number on the receipt matched his WIFE'S phone. Thus the Manager worked out the return, appologized for the misunderstanding and his employee's mistake, and his wife ended-up buying a digital picture frame. (I thought maybe SM should have offered a discount maybe for the mistake, but I think the violence that AG was threatening kind of voided that out!)

Surprisingly, AG came back into the store just before the return finished and appologized for his behavior, saying he was just sensitive and did not like being 'acused.' SM appologized on his part, and I thanked AG for making peace.

Happy ending!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

SOOO not the story I was hoping for based on the title.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      SOOO not the story I was hoping for based on the title.
      Everyone do it with me now:

"We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
      X