This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse 13 RP idea...

So I've finally decieded to run this idea through.

This would be roughly run along the idea of the TV series. Reading into the history of the warehouse I've come to the conclusion that because the warehouses throughout history were moved quickly and during times of great upheaval, things were left behind all over the world in the various warehouses.

You would be people recruited by the regents to find out these artifacts.

If your interested give me a character summery, where you are located, age, gender, currently working etc.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Hmm I have a couple ideas..will post them here one at a time to see which you will accept . The first is sort of like one of the current Warehouse 13 people..only male instead of female...*laughs* I think you will know who it is based off of

Name - Thad Winston. Age: 16. Thad is a punk rocking, skateboarding, super hacker. He lost his parents at 13, and promptly escaped from the orphanage. Using his hacking ability he lives a somewhat comfortable lifestyle, always just one step ahead of the law. He loves to taunt and torment said law also. Leaving little pranks in his wake, making fools of the agents chasing him. His look is mostly a cross between grunge and punk rocker, but he is never far from his backpack and skateboard. He's a daredevil, often escaping bodily harm or death just by pure luck and the skin of his teeth. Currently holed up in Las Vegas..in one of the more expensive suites.

Description - 5'8, 175 blond hair, green eyes.

What do you think?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

no clue who that is....~coughclaudiacough~

I like it but I'd like interesting people, not cheap knock offs of current characters.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

OUCH. Ok second try then.

Ted Burlowe - Professor of Anthropology at (insert mid level (ie not prestigious) school here). Description - 5'11" 180, dark hair, dark eyes. Wears Glasses. He's studied quite a few ancient civilizations, but has become rather bored as of late. Always kind of active..his hobbies are archery and sky diving.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

As much fun as it sound i'm having trouble coming up with a fun character idea that isn't a cheap knock off

Comment

Lol that was my trouble also. I mean they seem to have to be approached, and have to have a reason they would be approached, but don't worry..Sarlon said she had a way regardless what type of character/background you use.

Comment

One slight problem, is that Warehouse agents usually (with Claudia and possibly Jinks as the exception, though with Jinks it was never covered) have to be Secret Service Agents (Is a maybe with Jinks as he was ATF, and they didn't mention whether he;d been moved into the Secret Service or what).

I had an idea for a character in WH13 that could possibly be used as an NPC in the RP, the character? Schrödinger's cat, at any given time that you look at it, it can be either dead or alive, look away and look back, and its either alive again if it was dead when you last looked at it, or it's still dead.

(To be honest I have an image in my head of Claudia going "Schrödie!" in an exasperated tone)

Though that idea did inspire another character idea, no name, but would be Valda's nephew, who is the head and sole proprietor of the Artefact Zoo, a sister organisation to Warehouse 13, except it deals with Artefact affected animals, or artefact animals/creatures. Such as the aforementioned Shrodie, The Snake (or Snakes) that killed Cleopatra, a Phoenix, the hound of the baskervilles and so on and so forth. He'd be kinda like Valda in his behaviour, although less serious, more open, friendly and a bit mischevious.

Or yet again, another character, this time, artefact effected. Again name not made up, but essentially, was a servant of Vald Dracula Tepes III, who drank from the cup of his master once, and thus became a vampire, although no magical powers, either kept hidden mostly by the regents, or bronzed (possibly of his own volition) and de bronzed now and again so that he can feed. Torn between the conflict of needing to feed, but not wanting to hurt anybody and also torn between the desire to keep on living and knowing the darkness in his soul from being artefact affected (thought him up at the end of season 2 as a balance to claudia's actions and intentions, to ward her off the course that she was on) Claudia would probably find him scary at times, but at the same time finding it awesome.
              Last edited by RayvenQ; 05-03-2012, 08:04 PM.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                One slight problem, is that Warehouse agents usually (with Claudia and possibly Jinks as the exception, though with Jinks it was never covered) have to be Secret Service Agents (Is a maybe with Jinks as he was ATF, and they didn't mention whether he;d been moved into the Secret Service or what).
                Artie is former NSA and Jack Secord was also a Marine. Hugo Miller was the former Claudia and then there is Dr. Vanessa. Jack, Pete and Myka have been the first Secret Service agents. They haven't really revealed Rebecca's (Jacks Partner) occupation nor have we really seen why James MacPherson was recruited or what he did.
                Last edited by Chanlin; 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

anyone still interested in trying this game?

Comment

You know me, always up for it.

Comment

I'd like at least 2 players, but i can work with just one...would make things go a little faster.....

I've worked with less as a DM

Comment

I'll give someone a character to play(if anyone wants her), as I currently have too much IRL going on, but am pretty good at backstories:

Donna Matrix, 27 female, former civilian contractor for the military demolition and reconstruction specialties. Came across an artifact while prepping a building(former warehouse) for demo/rebuild. Placed in an asylum due to the effects of the artifact and the attempts of the government to discredit her story. Recruited because she entrusted the artifact to another before demolishing the building, and attempts at recovery have failed, she has no idea where the artifact is now, but knows who does*. Wildcard, prone to violence/erratic behaviour when in the presence of an artifact

*another player perhaps? one who will only turn it over to her, hence her recruitment.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

after one night of insomnia between me and mytical, the RP is now going... and has already been moved to the games forum.

Comment

Character Name: Josiah Webley
                            Description: green eyes, messy brownish-blonde hair, 5' 9", 145 pounds of raw-boned geek, wears small-lens wire-frame glasses for near-sighted vision. Pipe smoker. Knife and firearms affectionado. 25 years of age, enjoys every minute of the insanity that stems from A.D.D.
                            Conspiracy Theory nut.
                            Occupation: "Non-traditional College student" and very bored factory-worker
                            Hobbies: D&D 3.5; video games; finding new conspiracies to b***h about
                            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 06-16-2012, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Did this cause I couldn't find anything else really for the rp.

Character Name: Alexandra Byrd prefers Alex
                              Description: 25 years young, 5'6 1/2", dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. Likes to poke fun at her comrades as if they are family. Has been an agent, but had been on 'vacation' in Eureka.

Comment

Working...
                              X