Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry our personal call was interrupted by my job...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry our personal call was interrupted by my job...

I guess this could go under Cursing out Coworkers, but this guy is not in my department and I don't actually work with him in any capacity. He's just across the aisle and one cube over.

I've mentioned him elsewhere - he is one of my Neighbors-who-never-shut-up. Multiple personal phone calls - his wife, his kids, his parents, his siblings - every day. And no one with any authority over him says a word. (He is also loud, and also doesn't bother to turn down the sound on his computer whenever someone sends him a video to watch.)

Today he was talking to his brother (found out recently that they're twins - oh, god there's two of them?!) about ...something or other that could have waited until he got home. His boss came over and he said "gotta go" and hung up. Boss said whatever he was there for and went back to his office. As soon as he walks away I hear the phone dialing and then "Sorry about that...someone came over and I had to talk to him."

He was apologizing because his JOB interrupted his personal phone call.

Bonus comment: Was going to put this in the "inappropriate but funny" thread but really, it's not funny, just another . (Maybe if it was coming from someone other than a 50-something guy who talks on the phone more than a teenage girl it would be funny, but really, no.)

He said to my other Neighbor-who-never-shuts-up (also 50-something and always on the phone yelling at his kid) that he wanted to ask him a question (they can't just ask their questions, they have to have a conversation about it first). Went something like this:

"I want to ask you about toys...it's not sexual."

(It was about what kind of TV he should get for his living room.)

I sent my coworker an email that said "Did I really just hear that?" and a few minutes later he got up to go to the printer, and as he passed my desk he nodded and said "Yeah ya did."
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-15-2009, 11:32 PM. Reason: typo
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"
Working...
X